Raiding Libraries and Devouring Everything

It only took a few days to return to the sects' mountains with the speed of legendary ascension.

When we arrived, the Blood Moon Sect seemed abandoned, but upon closer inspection, I found that not to be the case. There were still some people left, just not hundreds like there used to be. Hopefully, the techniques are still in the library.

We strolled right up to the entrance and up the stairs. After entering town, the remaining people scattered and vanished, apparently they knew who we were. We walked straight to the library and entered. When coming through the door, I saw the same librarian at work.

"Helllllll Ah? W-what are you here for? I mean, what can I help you with?" She pulled herself together, even though she was trembling. Are we really that scary?

"Hello, I'm looking for the techniques you have for the legendary ascension realm."

She blinked a few times. "We don't have any; you'll have to ask another sect."

I think she is telling the truth. "What about supreme attainment ones then?"

She hesitated. "We have some; let me bring you some to look at."

I think she doesn't want me to see them all, but I want one of each.

"I'll follow; just show me where they are."

There was nothing she could do, so she just turned and headed for a section of the library, and we followed. After reaching the shelves, I started going along and touching the spine of one of each book, adding it to the storage. There were only about 50 or so, and it didn't take long to finish them all. As we left, I thanked her for her help and walked out the door.

When we walked out, we were met with a bunch of angry-looking people. One of them stepped forward, a guy looking about 60 in early supreme attainment.

"I am the patriarch of the Blood Moon Sect; you have committed atrocities against... blah blah blah," I tuned him out.

Turning to Luna, I said, "I'm not listening to this guy, got better things to do. Wanna kill him, or should I?"

Luna instantly appeared in front of him, and his head turned into blood mist. She turned back to me and asked, "Next place?"

I made a motion toward the direction of the Sun Sect. The rest of the group was silent, but the ones in the direction I pointed parted like the Red Sea. We strolled between the disciples until we reached the sect's edge, then started running again.

In no time flat, we reached the Sun Sect and went to their library. Unlike the Blood Moon Sect, the Sun Sect was lively, well until someone realized who we were. I also saw many faces that used to belong to the Blood Moon Sect, but they don't matter.

After entering the library, we walked among the rows of books, but none of them looked good. I picked up a few of the basic ones in case I ever needed them, but not many. At the back of the library, there was a door guarded by two peak core formation disciples. I'm thinking this is where the better stuff is.

I'll ask them to be sure. "Hello, I'm looking for the legendary ascension techniques."

They were sweating but stood in place. "They are guarded by the patriarch."

"Alright, what about supreme attainment?"

"We are tasked to guard them and are willing to die to protect them! Furthermore, the door is sealed so you can't open it." They took a fighting stance.

I shrugged. "Not a problem." I used my devour skill on the door, and it was gone in the blink of an eye.

We walked forward, and the guards tried to attack first but just got swatted to the sides like flies. After entering and taking one of each technique, we left. When we left, we were greeted by the same scene as at the Blood Moon Sect. A guy stepped forward and started to introduce himself as the elder in charge of the law enforcement hall, but I cut him off.