Blood Everywhere, Bad-Tasting Broth, and Good Stew

I tried to pull him back, but it was too late. His sword arced through the air, and the tip sliced from her right shoulder towards her left hip, cutting through her robe, skin, and muscle. A grating sound was heard as the tip scratched across her ribs.

I pulled back on the garrote so hard that the thin wire sliced through his neck, like how a cheese slicer works. His head rolled to the floor with a thud. Blood spurted from the headless body, spraying everywhere as it fell to the ground.

"Luna!"

Still sitting in the chair, Luna looked down at herself as her blood ran out of the long, deep gash. Shock was written on her quickly paling face. Her robe had fallen open, revealing the wound below where bone could be seen. She wouldn't even live a minute if something wasn't done.

She looked at me with a regretful expression. "At least kill them for me still."

"Kill them yourself," I said as I rushed over while purchasing a grade 5 recovery pill from the shop, hoping it would work on others besides myself. I stuffed it into her mouth a few seconds before she lost consciousness.

'Please work. Please work. Please work,' I silently prayed as a few tears fell on the bloodied fabric of her robe and I tried to hold the wound together, waiting anxiously for the result.

After what seemed like an eternity but was probably at most a second or two, I could see the wound rapidly closing up. It wasn't perfect, but it seemed she wouldn't die now.

'Kitty, will she be ok?'

[Probably, although everything in her will be used up to heal that wound just to the extent she will survive, so she will need to recover her body's store of energy, or she might not wake up because she won't have enough energy to maintain consciousness.]

'How do I help her?'

[For a normal human like her, she needs food to recover the energy that would be normally stored in the cells but was now all expended by the recovery pill to heal.]

'She can't eat while unconscious.'

[Even the unconscious swallow a little bit; make some liquid like broth you can give to her a few drops at a time.]

I picked her up and pulled back the sheets on her bed to place her there, but decided if I put her there now, they would just be covered in blood from all of it on her and soaking her clothes. Instead of immediately placing her in the bed, I gently laid her on the floor so she wouldn't fall off the chair while I wasn't looking.

After ensuring she'd be fine for a minute, I activated my devour skill on the corpse's dantian so as not to have the energy dissipate more than it already has. Thankfully, it seemed the dissipation of those at the core condensation realm is very slow, so I didn't lose much if any.

I purchased some broth and honey for extra calories from the store, then warmed the liquid over the fire in the kitchen and mixed in the honey to dissolve. I tasted it to make sure it was warm but wouldn't cause burns and make more damage. The taste was horrible, but that didn't really matter.

I put the mixture into a bowl with a spoon and placed it next to her head, pouring a few drops into her mouth every time I saw her swallow. I guess this is like the super slow version of a modern IV.

I also purchased a new robe for her that looked the same as her now ruined one. I debated a little about whether or not to clean her up because she'll definitely try to kill me when she wakes up, but I soon realized with the shape her current one is in, I could see everything, so she'll try to chase and stab me with her sword anyway, so I may as well clean her up.