Inter-Sect Competition and Luna Callista

I reached the group at the sect entrance, and while waiting, I picked up on some conversations.

Some were discussing where they think they will be ranked. Some, who they think will take the top place. Others, who they hoped to see participate. Some weren't participating but just going to watch. Others were talking about who they hope gets defeated.

I didn't pay much attention to any of them; these things don't really matter.

The competition allows any disciples of the three great sects (Sun, Blood Moon, and Twin Moon) to participate as long as they are under 30. This means that while there are some core condensation disciples who qualify, but there won't be many. It sounds like there will probably be around 5 if you exclude me since I'm not mimicking core condensation.

Since I will probably lose to the top 3 anyway, I'll try to take the position below Kedron so as not to cause myself unnecessary trouble before the time is right. The other sects' geniuses, I don't care about. But I'll still take the top 10 since the prizes for places 4-10 are the same.

At about 4:50, Nicholas came down the stairs and out of the entrance then motioned me to follow as he walked to one of the waiting wagons. Apparently, he wanted to go together, which is good as it would allow me to ask questions like where are we going. I'm imagining we are going through a portal to a secret place or something.

After boarding the wagon, I sat opposite him and decided to ask.

"Where does the inter-sect competition take place? It can't be Polaris since it's too far, but I haven't seen any other place close."

"It's not far, just on the other side of the sect."

"What? On the other side is just a bunch of mountains." Maybe the portal is on the other side?

He looked at me like he couldn't understand why I didn't know these things. "The mountains mostly take up a circle of land; in the center is a city."

"I never knew there was a city in the middle of the mountains, so how are the other sects supposed to get there?"

Again, he looked at me like it's basic information. "Did you come from the ocean?" He asked in a joking tone.

I shook my head and grinned. "Nope, just a little village. I never cared about astral power till one day an old man visited while traveling and told me how to gather it. So I don't know anything about the sects." I think I did a pretty good job making up that story.

He nodded and seemed to buy my story. "Okay, so there are the mountains that we all live on right now. The three great sects are spread around the mountains; if you drew a line between them, it would form a triangle. In the center is a city that all the sects use, bigger than the ones that each of the sects has to themselves. This city mainly sells herbs, stones, and various materials to the sects; this helps the sects so they don't have to find their own. The sects also own various businesses in the city, like making pills, and some of these are transported to the outside cities to generate income."

At 5:00 sharp, the wagons loaded with disciples started moving, and I once again hated the uncomfortable ride.

After about 2 hours, we reached a large town. The buildings were all made of stone, and the streets were busy with people hurrying everywhere. The crowd parted as the line of wagons approached, they all stopping to look at the people seated in the wagons. We just continued toward the center, where a grand circular structure resembling the Colosseum was located. The wagons all pulled alongside it and stopped.

After getting off, everyone went inside. The inside had seats along all sides like a stadium, and the center was a dirt arena containing 20 stone platforms. I could see people in yellow and magenta robes each arriving on a different side of the arena. After entering, everyone spread out and sat down in the seating area. I picked a seat next to Nicholas so he can explain everything that's going on if I need him to.