Poisonous Plans

I'll have to explain the best way to increase my power to her; this should be a fun conversation.

"The fastest way I've found to increase my realm is taking energy from others. At this point, astral refinement realms only offer a marginal increase, so I need core formation people. However, that is dangerous."

"Huh?"

"Kill people, then absorb, like astral stone."

She looked shocked and shook her head. "That... Nope, it's not possible."

I looked at her with a serious expression. "It is for me."

"Even if it is, we shouldn't do that."

"First, we can try to use Kedron's people at the beginning. Second what's different about it from the question I asked about collateral damage?"

I could see the gears turning in her mind as she tried to come up with an explanation before deciding she couldn't. "I don't know, it just seems different."

This girl is proof not all direct disciples think the same. Kedron would never hesitate to kill people for fun, let alone improve his strength. Yet, she does.

"Do you have a better plan?"

After thinking for a bit, she finally answered, "No, but how do we do it?"

Well, as for how we do it might depend on whether she can lure people into a position where they can be easily killed. I'm not actually sure of the best way to do it, as we cannot underestimate the power of core formation if we want to survive.

"Use yourself as bait to lure them into isolation. But as for how to kill them, I'm thinking poison. But I don't know anything about what poisons can kill a core formation. Do you know?"

She seemed slightly hesitant to say but whispered, "No, but I know where we can find out. We can ask the Dark Sect."

Dark Sect? Never heard of them. These people must practice evil arts or something. And if they would know about poisons, maybe they act as a sort of assassin organization.

"Where do we find them?"

"Down the street to the right; they have a branch in a little inn." She looked slightly nervous underneath her impassive mask.

She doesn't really seem to want to talk to these people, but she's going to have to.

"Since this seems to be the next step of the plan, let's go see what they have to offer. I'll cloak myself again; you do the talking. If something happens, I'll be there then."

She didn't disagree, but I can tell she doesn't trust me to help. After all, she needs me, but I don't really need her.

I cloaked myself, and we walked out of the alley, then turned right. After walking a few blocks, we ended up at a restaurant.

"Push the door open wide when you enter so I can also enter," I said quietly.

She started to nod, but I held her head in place.

"B-"

"Don't nod; it looks weird if you nod to yourself."

She was about to nod again but stopped herself and pushed the door open wide, walking in, I slipped in behind her.

The place was small but nice, about 10 tables arranged in a grid pattern, and on the opposite side of the door was a counter that separated the seating area from the kitchen. The place was empty except for an old man working in the kitchen.

Luna walked over the counter and waited for a moment while the man finished chopping the carrot he was working on, then walked over.

"Hello, Miss, what would you like?"