Chapter 38

You're met with a feeling you hadn't felt since overhearing the prophecy back on Arkanis.

The Inquisitors were killed off. How?  I'm gonna have to see for myself! I'm stronger now. I can handle it! You think, feeling a cold that's different from the Antarctic chill, course through you.

"Grogu, do you sense anything odd?" You ask.

Grogu tilts his head slightly, then coos at Din.

"He says, something here gives him a bad feeling," Din says, "Also, Pershing is not in the building, so we've got that going for us."

"Right," You say, reaching out with the Force again. This time you're looking for a general direction to go in. "Charlie is in the detention area...my mom is...five levels down...where's Armi..."

You can't find him, but you keep sensing that Dark side presence as if it's blocking you from sensing him.

I swear, if they've taken him off-planet, I don't care if I have to go clear cross the galaxy, I'm bringing him home.

***

With little trouble, you and your companions find the elevator. An instrumental version of a song from a Pop music station plays, as you wait, for the chosen floor.

"I've noticed it too buddy." Din says to Grogu.

"Noticed what?" You ask.

"No welcoming committee."

"You're right. No troopers or attack droids. All they've done is shut the hanger doors...I don't like this."

"Yep. Walking into an obvious trap."

***

The doors woosh! open at the detention level, revealing troopers who should have met you in the hangar.

"BLAST THEM!" Someone yells.

You take a few quick steps forward. Your lightsaber blazing to life. You take a purely defensive form to bat away the bolts, without accidentally hitting Din and Grogu.

The blaster bolts hit either the control counsel or the troopers. Din picks off any troopers that don't get hit, with his blaster.

When the smoke clears, you dash to the control panel, to cancel any alarms.

You and Din connect your wrist computers to the control panel. Once the data is downloaded, you're allowed access to other parts of the base.

You scroll through the list of prisoners.

Charlie. Charlie. Charlie. Where are you? You think, having to take a deep breath. Charles. Look for Charles. That is his government name.

"Here we go!" You exclaim, finding the cell information.

You take off down the enclosed metal corridor, Your boots echo. The corridor is about two adults wide, but the sloping walls begin to give a claustrophobic feel.

"- For the thousandth time. I have no blasted idea where the Jedi ran off to. Since you refuse to understand this, then I don't have the crayons or the patience to make you."

You can hear Charlie's voice through the cell door.

Your heart hammers against your ribs, as the cell door opens.

Charlie is stun-cuffed to a chair. His shirt is torn in places, revealing lines of cuts that are in various states of healing. He also has a bloody nose.

He looks past the Imperial officer, and the Interrogation Droid, at you.

"You're gonna get it." Charlie says to the officer.