Chapter 6

But trust the Force and you will be alright.

You had been walking for two hours in the direction Shaak Ti had sent you in. So far, so good, you hadn't seen any Rancors. 

You reach out with the Force, searching for the mushroom. This time, it's much easier to reach out. You're not having to fight so much for it now, and you can do it without closing your eyes. 

You can feel you're getting close.

You walk into a circular-shaped clearing. In the middle is a flat stone the size of a low-to-the-floor, medium-sized table. In the middle of the stone, looking like a fungi centerpiece is a group of mushrooms. 

The mushrooms are purple with green and pink spots. 

You can feel it through the Force; these are the mushrooms you were looking for. 

You survey the clearing. 

You don't see anything, nor do you sense anything other than the mushrooms. 

But there's something about this setup that causes the hair on the back of your neck to prickle. 

"It's too easy," You say aloud, unclipping your lightsaber, but not igniting it. "So. How do I go about this? Do I just walk on in? Or do I throw something, wait for a trap to be sprung, then go around the trap?"

You scan the tops of the mush trees, but because of your angle, your view is rather limited.

"Might as well get this over with." You sigh and walk into the clearing.

You approach the stone. So far nothing has happened. Everything is quiet, except for the normal sounds of the planet you've grown accustomed to.

You stop halfway there. You glance around the clearing.

Still nothing.

You extend your hand towards the mushrooms.

Something tells you the trigger event might happen if you're any closer to the stone.

You use the Force to pluck one of the mushroom caps from the cluster and bring it to you.

Once it's in your hand, you put it in your backpack.

Even though the Jedi are masters at traveling light, that's a skill you'll learn later.

As soon as you have the bag fastened and on your back, you start walking quickly to the edge of the clearing.

You get a chance to take two steps before the ground shakes violently, sending you to your knees.

"Uh-oh!" You exclaim.

Entering the clearing is a Rancor, and it doesn't look that pleased to see you.

It gives a deafening roar, causing you to flinch.

Your mind reels at seeing the Rancor. You're not sure just how big it is. All you know is that it's huge!

It lumbers towards you, shaking the ground as it goes.

You get to your feet, the best you can, and ignite your lightsaber.

All you can remember is Rancors are impervious to blaster fire and will eat pretty much anything.

And it looks like you're on the menu.

You take off running towards the beast.

"WHY AM I DOING THIS?!" You scream, swerving to the left as you approach its feet.

Each foot is about the size of a compact car.

You yell with effort, swinging your lightsaber.

It sizzles as it makes contact with its hide.