Chapter 20

When you're able to move without Luke's help, you take a seat on a nearby rock.

You watch Luke reattempt to use the Force, to raise his X-Wing out of the swamp.

Is this going to happen every time I try using the Force? I know a Jedi opens themself up to the Force allows them to do the impossible, but...am I going to get a dizzying headache and a view of the timeline every time I try?

The ship shakes but doesn't rise.

"I still can't." Luke says, lowering his hand.

Yoda launches into an explanation of how the Force is a Jedi's ally and how everyone and everything is interconnected with each other.

Since you could remember this section almost verbatim, you wonder, Or did I metaphorically fly too close to the sun like Icarus?

Yoda walks to the water's edge and raises his hand.

You feel the Force move, as Luke's ship gracefully raises from the swamp and lands on the solid ground.

You clap your hands, showing your support.

When you stop clapping, Luke says in disbelief, "Master, I don't believe it."

"That is why you fail." Yoda replies.

***

Later, Luke goes into the cave that is strong in the Dark Side. Yoda says that Luke won't need any weapon, but Luke not listening, takes his lightsaber with him.

You instead, wait outside with Yoda.

Seeing the cave mouth, you take several steps back and pull your arms into your sides. "I accidentally walked into one of those things on Yavin 4. Scared me half to death."

"What did you see?" He asks.

"Myself. Of what I could be. She offered me the power to protect my family."

"Make promises the Darkside does. Dangerous it is."

"I pretty much told her to take a number, and I retreated," your breath hitches but you continue. "I was afraid. Like how I was back home. I was afraid and I ran."

Tears start welling up in your eyes, at the admittance.

"I was aware of the Jedi Code on Yavin, and back home. I didn't strike out at anybody. I was actually rather calm all things considered."

"Learned from the experience have you?"

"I guess so...a Jedi acknowledges their fears and faces them head-on," You take a breath, "I said something like this to Obi-Wan back on the Death Star before aiding him in his fight with Vader."

"Told me about that Obi-Wan did. Proud of you he was," Yoda pauses for a moment then continues, "Face the cave today, you will not. Face it before completing your training, you will."

"I have no problem waiting this out."

When Luke comes out of the cave he seems kind of rattled, but doesn't say what he saw in there. Though, you know, he faced a version of Vader, but when he defeated it, only saw himself.

***

Several days later, the crash of lightsabers fill the air near Yoda's hut.

You recovered from the  Shatterpoint,  and now you and Luke have been sparing, with the lightsabers set on the lowest power setting. The worst damage the lightsaber can do now is leave a mild burn if you take a hit. Which if anybody took a hit, gives you another opportunity to work on your healing.