Chapter 34

1 Year later

Time progresses as usual on Coruscant. You took the job as a teacher at the New Jedi Temple. While you teach during the day, Armi is at a different school with the other children of Senators and Government officials.

You and him now have an apartment on Coruscant. A place at the temple would have been too small until more renovations had been made.

Your apartment has about the same vibe as your ship. This is someone's home.

If anything in both locations, there are tests with good grades, pinned to both Refrigerator units, and there is a small holo-projector in the living room, displaying pictures of you and him together.

The pictures are on a timer, so every like five or ten minutes a different one is shown. There's the typical family portrait of you, him, and R7. Then there are family pictures at the zoo, the aquarium, the holo-board park, and other places.

The Phoenix got an upgrade so now you can call Earth, as long as you're not too far out.

During the time skip, even though you waited for him to make the decision, Armi now calls you mom, hugs are regular, and so are "I love you." You waited for him to say it first, so there would be less pressure. Through each milestone that was hit, you were mentally doing a happy dance the entire time.

You also found out that Armi isn't Force-sensitive. Regardless, you do teach him Jedi Calming techniques, and how to protect his mind from another Force user.

***
You're in the cockpit of The Phoenix talking with your mom. You and Armi had left the planet on an excursion just to get the ship out of the hangar.

"- So now I also teach medical classes at the Jedi Temple. There's someone I -" Your voice trails off as you notice your mom is looking past you.

"Who's that youngling?" She asks.

You look to the permanently left-open doors to the cockpit.

Armi is standing in the doorway.

"Sorry, didn't know you were on a call. R7 says we need a new power coupling for the Hyperdrive."

"We'll get the part later today," You say, "Mom, this is Armitage. Armi, this is my mom."

"Is he your apprentice?"

"Why do people keep asking me that?" You mutter, then say in your regular voice. "He's not my apprentice. He's my son."

Armi takes a seat in the co-pilot's chair.

"You never mentioned being pregnant."

"Never was."

"Then you...uh."

Armi sighs.

"I adopted," You say, looking in his direction. "I love him as if he was originally mine. That's what matters."

I would have adopted him when he was a few hours old if I could have. Sure that means training with a newborn, but if Nomi Sunrider could train and have a kid... You think.

"That's what matters," Your mom agrees. "So now, I have a grandbaby and a grand-droid."

"Something like that."

"I don't think R7 has forgiven you, for rescuing him."  Armi smiles.

"Oh yes, and he's decided to make it everyone's problem." You chuckle.

"Armitage is adorable. Will you and him be able to make the Life Day dinner?"

Armi's ears redden hearing this.