Chapter 9

You sit cross-legged on the floor of The Falcon's common room. You've been meditating, and have finally started to hover over the floor.

Luke and Obi-Wan are training with the remote. Even though everyone learns at different speeds, you can tell that using a lightsaber came easier to you than it is for him. It must have been those times when you were younger playing with the plastic toy one.

You hear Luke swing and miss.

Best to keep meditating. He's still learning. Remember how many times you got zapped before you got any good? You chide yourself.

Luke extinguishes his lightsaber. "Y/N, would you like a try?"

You lower yourself back to the floor and open your eyes. "I'm ok. You can train more."

"No, I'm much interested to see how far you've come, Y/N." Obi-Wan says.

"Alright then," You say, getting to your feet, and walking over to the. "Would you like me to attempt with the blast shield down? I can do either one."

"That will suffice." He says handing you the paint-flecked helmet.

You put the helmet on and flip down the blast shield. It completely obscures your vision. To help, you also close your eyes.

"How's she supposed to see with the blast shield down?" Luke asks.

"The Force will allow her to. Just watch."

You draw your lightsaber and assume a ready position.

You hear the hiss of the remote searching for an opening.

Bzzt! Bzzt! Bzzt! Bzzt! Bzzt!

The remote opens up with a barrage.

He must have changed the difficulty setting! You think, deflecting the bolts like how you did the Stormtroopers.

Bzzt! Bzzt! Bzzt! Bzzt! Bzzt!

The remote goes silent.

"Good job, that will be it for now." Obi-Wan says.

You switch off your lightsaber and clip it onto your belt. You then raise the blast shield and remove the helmet.

You're smiling. You'd gotten his seal of approval as far as the remote went.

I'm on the right path. You think.

"Would you like me to pass this using the Force?" You ask.

"Alright." Obi-Wan says with a nod.

You take the helmet to the far side of the room.

You hold it loosely with one hand. You raise your empty hand.

The helmet zips across the room to his hand. His hands aren't even outstretched, you had covered that much distance yourself.

"You're coming along in your training nicely." He says.

All of a sudden you feel a great wave of despair crashes over you, through the Force. It's hard enough you cry out and hit your knees.

Alderaan! The Death Star - It just - oh my stars! This is worse than I imagined. You think, gasping for air.

"Ow!" You say, finding your way back to the physical present. There's a pain in your knees from hitting the floor.

Right now, all you want to do is lie there, but you force yourself into a sitting position.

"Are you two alright?!" Luke asks in shock.

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force." Obi-Wan says.