Chapter 1

A/N: Assume your character is about 18-21 years old when the story starts off. So old enough to be on your own, but still young enough for rash decisions to be a problem.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your day was going pretty well, that is until you got a news alert on your phone.

It's one of those that can't be dismissed easily.

Alert!

Earth has been invaded by the Galactic Empire. Shelter in place and await further instruction.

"Is this someone's idea of a joke?" you ask, once the alert has passed. You open your favorite news app.

The news is the same as the alert.

Star Destroyers are visible in the sky over every major city. Air travel across the globe has been canceled. All trading on the Stock Market has ceased to prevent further panic.

You feel a wave of dread crash over you, like an off-the-coast storm, about to make landfall.

You then check other news sources, even if you would never go to that source in a million years.

It's the same as your primary source.

"No freaking way." You breathe, having to sit down. (Regardless of where you are, you sit down. Even if it's at the grocery store, you sit down in the aisle with your stuff.)

What follows for you during your sheltering in place, is the palpable feeling of fear that radiates from your hometown. The Star Wars wiki during this time goes offline due to the overwhelming amount of internet traffic.

***

The days that follow bleed together into a mess you don't care to puzzle out.

But, you are sure of some things.

1) Earth didn't put up much of a fight. Considering humans haven't even gotten to Mars yet and would be fighting someone from a whole nother galaxy.

2)Also, weapons such as lightsabers or blasters, are unavailable to the general public, simply because the inventors in the military haven't gotten that far yet themselves.

3)Even though the flag of the Galactic Empire flies were a country, county, town, or local organization flag once flew. There are still pockets of resistance. It's not much, but it's still something.

4) Even though the leadership of all countries saw that the Empire was the biggest bully on the playground.

5) You're aware that Storm Troopers will eventually be doing door-to-door searches for Force Sensitive and possible pockets of resistance.

***

But, you do have a plan. This plan varies from Star Wars fan to Star Wars fan. You plan on surviving with your extensive knowledge of the galaxy, and how it's supposed to end.

You also plan on, eventually, joining the Rebellion. Just because you don't take too kindly to being ruled from a planet, which up until a few days ago, was pure science fantasy.

But, until you can find a way off, you need to find out just where on the timeline you are.

"Since it's the Empire and not the First Order, it's safe to assume we're before Episode 7: The Force Awakens," You say, pouring your favorite cereal into a bowl. You're in your home and have been since the order to shelter in place, had gone into effect.