Chapter 29

You aren't knocked out that long. You awaken just in time to see more Force Lightning coming at you and Luke.

Your screams begin anew. You can't use the Force to deflect it, you're aware you can but being aware of it, and doing it are two totally different things right now.

The fact that Palpatine is doing this because you and Luke won't turn, and probably won't stop, even if you turned, is exceptionally painful.

"Father please!" Luke manages "Help us!" Before he's overtaken by more screaming.

Your robes are smoking at this point, who knows how your innards look at this point.

"Now, you will die." The Emperor says.

You don't have a comeback, if anything, you welcome death at this point.

The lighting starts again, but this time it's stronger than ever before.

You and Luke scream, from the intensifying white hot pain.

But then the pain stops.

Vader has come up behind The Emperor and picked him up. The lightning is now attacking The Emperor and Vader.

Vader's skeleton, cybernetics, and life support systems are visible from the high voltage.

You and Luke watch him carry The Emperor over to the bottomless shaft and heaves him over the rail.

The Emperor screams as he disappears from view.

All of a sudden, a hurricane-force wind whips up, grabbing at Vader trying to pull him in too.

You and Luke can move now, you and him go to Vader's sides and pull him back from the edge of the shaft.

All is silent, all you can hear is Vader's wounded breathing.

Thunk!

You glance around.

Luke is lying on the floor like he just collapsed!

"Luke, you alright?" You ask.

No reply. Not even a pained sound.

You quickly crawl over to Luke.

"Don't play with me." You say.

No reaction.

You check his vitals.

He's not breathing, and his pulse is fast like a scared rabbit.

You put your hands palms down on his chest and focus on him. The healing light envelopes your hands as you do this.

"Luke, is he?" Vader asks.

"Not yet. I can save him." You say, continuing to heal like you were trained.

"Don't die on me now," you growl, channeling as much healing into him as you can manage. "I swear if you die, I'm going into the world between worlds and hauling you out by the scruff of your neck."

You hear the rumble of the station taking damage.

They must have taken down the shield generator. You think, continuing to heal Luke.

Luke suddenly awakens with a gasp. 

"He's alive!" Vader exclaims.

You continue healing him until you're certain he'll be able to make it to a shuttle.

"There, you are. Good to go." You say removing your hands from his chest.

"I heard everything you said. We need to work on your bedside manner." Luke says, sitting up.