🂽 70 🂽

"Someday, somewhere we'll be together again."

Chapter 70

*flashback continues*

She tried to take a deep breath, but the adrenaline coursing through her body prevented her from doing so, forcing her to breathe loudly, quickly, and continuously instead. Reaching for the weapon tucked behind the waistband of her jeans she ran toward the city center. To Shibuya.

Local streets began to converge into one wider one. Several times on the way she noticed how many people gathered in the streets, players who were waiting for the end of this bloodshed. Just like her. She wanted to find him. See him at least once before it's all over. She wanted to make sure that he did not give up and fought his way to the end.

She was approaching Shibuya, which did not even remotely resemble the heart of one of the world's capitals. It was overgrown with forest growth, trailing leaves that covered almost every centimeter of tall, giant buildings. She slowed down while hearing the rustling of sneakers from one of the abandoned shops. She tried to calm her breathing, her heart that was beating louder and louder. While furrowing her brows, she slowly walked closer towards the open door from which the unknown sound was coming, hoping to find him there.

"Aina!" a female voice shouted.

"Usagi." Aina said with a surprised look on her face. She was afraid that Usagi was still angry with her and that's why she didn't hang around her neck right away but kept a certain distance. Giving her one of her smiles, she took a deep breath, but finally looked down in shame at what she remembered.

"Are you okay?" Aina asked suddenly, making a brief eye contact with Usagi. With all this, Usagi managed to stand about a meter away from her, furrowing her brows as the sunlight hitting her eyes. She didn't answer. Instead, she was looking at Aina's leg, wrapped in a bandage that was lightly bloody.

"What about you?" Usagi asked, nodding her head towards Aina's injured leg, "When did this happen to you? Now?"

"No," she reassured her, "it happened a few days ago. Are you here alone?"

"Arisu is here with me, I just wanted to look for some things. Something that would come together for defense or offense, you know, to complete-"

"To complete the game. Yeah, I see." Aina's lips met in a thin line. At her words, Usagi nodded and asked, "Did you come alone? Isn't Chishiya with you?"

"That's what I wanted to ask you, if you happened to see him around, or Kuina..."

"They were not with you?" Usagi frowned. But before Aina could answer her, a loud gunshot rang out throughout the remote place, causing both girls a terrible fear. Therefore, Aina's eyes began to look across the sunny sky, looking for the airship belonging to the King of Spades, to see if he was the threat they were facing at this moment. However, the airship was far enough from their location that they could hear the echoes of the bullets.

Usagi's hands suddenly touched her shoulders, tugging at her to move away as soon as possible, "Let's go!"

They walked briskly down the wide street leading to Shibuya. She didn't recognize this street and she didn't know if it was because she was passing through it for the first time or if it was because the whole city was turning into one big and dense jungle.

After running a few meters they heard voices talking. Her chest felt heavy as she connected one of the voices with Niragi. They both stopped then, knowing that they were all in danger. She wanted so badly to run to them, but Usagi stopped her, pulling her by the hand towards the dilapidated entrance of the subway, behind whose wall they hid.