🂶 14 🂶

Chapter 14

"I want you to know, but I do not want to tell you."

Chishiya walked to the subway stop because his house was a little further away. He walked down the street with his hands in jacket pockets, trying to figure out why he was doing all of this. He had no idea if he was meeting Aina just on a whim to kill time and have a little fun, or if he should attach a deeper meaning to the whole thing.

He was lost in his own thoughts, which didn't happen to him often. He only experienced similar things in his head when he was studying for an anatomy exam. His head was in chaos, just like now. However, he could not come to terms with it.

Ignorance always consumed him very much, he needed to be clear about all things. He was bothered by how he didn't feel sure about anything regarding the dark haired girl he met a few days ago. He was angry with himself for not being able to decipher anything about her.

He was approaching the metro station, so he turned left, went through the card scanners where he paid for his ticket and went to wait for his train. He walked along long corridors, passing person after person. He did not set his sights on anyone. He always had blinders on, looking only straight ahead, oblivious to his surroundings.

At the subway stop, he leaned against the wall and waited calmly. He knew he should go and get an internship at another hospital, but he was too upset with the whole system the hospital staff worked with. He was not satisfied with something like favoring richer and more influential people that he should do all his life. The first time his superior handed him an envelope announcing a change in the waiting list for surgeries just because someone paid for it, he lost even the last hope he still believed in in his soul.

The wind hit his face and hair, which meant that a train passed before his eyes, which stopped and opened its doors for people to get on and off. Chishiya slowly made his way to the train where he took one of the few free seats. He leaned against the back of the seat, stretched his legs out in front of him and let the thoughts leave his mind.

When he came home, no one was waiting for him. He lived only with his father, and sometimes a maid would come to them, clean up every piece of trash in their big house, and leave again unnoticed. Although he had a father, it could be said that he was absent in parenting.

Chishiya had become invisible to him from a young age, which hurt him as a little boy. However, he did not took it as something that would affect him in a bad light. He saw the positives in this, such as the fact that he was prepared for the cruel world much earlier than others in his age. Although he once felt a minor void in the emotional realm, over time this also came to him as an advantage. He was able to protect himself against everything and everyone.

Nothing and no one could shake him, but sometimes, even if he didn't want to admit it, he needed someone to tell him that everything was going to be okay. That's why he decided to be a doctor. He was waiting for that famous human charm to flash in his heart. But instead, he found nothing but disappointment, which convinced him that humanity was lost, corrupted, and that there was no point in looking for anything in between.

.·:*¨ ¨*:·.

It was morning and Aina was home alone again. She had to stay at home for a few more days due to her injuries. She was beginning to think about Kuina.

She was sitting on the couch in the living room and the TV was playing in the background as she tapped the phone. She always did it when she was alone at home so that she wouldn't feel lonely.