chapter fifty three

"I broke my rules for you. Isn't that enough?"

Chapter 53

*flashback continues*

Chishiya couldn't sleep that night. As much as he tried, her presence so close to him wouldn't allow it. His eyes were still fixed on their touching hands and her soft skin gave him chills that was fading very slowly.

Finally, when he saw how she was able to fall asleep with a smile, he tried to do the same. He was tired yet nervous about how he was feeling. For a long time he tried to deny the feelings he had for her. Until now. Right now, when her life was at stake, he realized that he didn't want to lose her.

Her eyes were burning. That's what she woke up to. She opened her eyes, which were cut by the burning sun breaking through the window of the room.

She slowly sat up and hissed softly as the stitched wound hurt. She rubbed her eyes with hands and then ran a it through her hair.

Looking for Chishiya, who was no longer lying next to her, she sighed and then her gaze fell to the open balcony door.

Where else could he be if not there?

Therefore, she slowly and awkwardly rose to her feet and went to the door leading to the balcony.

She stopped at their doorframe, on which she leaned her right arm and, with a heavy breath, fixed her gaze on Chishiya.

He stood with his back to her and leaned his elbows on the railing of the balcony. He was wearing only a gray T-shirt and white sweatpants. She noticed smoke coming from behind his head, probably from a cigarette.

Her thoughts drifted to last night. She remembered how he lay next to her.

So close.

He even allowed her to hold his soft hand, whose touch soothed her so much that she fell asleep within minutes.

It was strange how much excitement and comfort he could bring at once just by looking at her. Just by touching her. Just by smiling at her as she closed her eyes.

"Can I?" She asked before daring to step onto the balcony with her bare feet.

Chishiya then looked back towards her. He held a lit cigarette in his right hand and let smoke escape from his lips as he looked at Aina.

"You shouldn't smoke now." He replied simply, turning his entire body towards her.

He leaned his elbows on the railing behind him again and watched as Aina walked up to him.

She leaned her hands on the railing, staring ahead. The wind hit her face and she smiled.

"I guess it doesn't matter in this world." She grinned, turning to him.

She thrust her hand towards him, waiting for a cigarette. He looked at the palm she held out in front of him, raised an eyebrow and finally took a small breath of his cigarette.

Aina furrowed her brow and watched in disbelief as Chishiya smirked with his gaze straight into her eyes and then pushed his unsmoked cigarette towards her.

"Take it. I have no more, this is the last one."

Aina took the cigarette between the fingers of her right hand as she scanned Chishiya's face with her eyes.