🃂 11 🃂

Chapter 11

"You have a place in my heart no one else could ever have."

As he leaned a few centimeters above her, she tried to push the blackout to the back of her mind just so that she wouldn't show what his close presence was causing her. It was difficult for her, so she just blinked her eyes quickly and waited for Chishiya to return to his original position. Subsequently, he leaned his back against the brick wall and, before exhaling the smoke from his mouth, placed the cigarette between his fingers.

"Are you going to tell me what happened?" Aina quirked an eyebrow, at which Chishiya smiled softly and put the cigarette between his lips again. Aina did the same, waiting for his answer.

"I guess I'll have to find another hospital to practice in." He grimaced.

"That shouldn't be a problem for you, should it?" Aina took a drag from her cigarette and crossed her left arm over her chest. Chishiya closed his eyes as he put the cigarette in his mouth and inhaled heavily.

"What do you mean?" he added after a moment, turning his eyes to the girl standing across from him,

"Your father is a doctor after all." Aina started to speak before she could really think about what she was going to say. Her eyes widened as she realized what she said.

Chishiya exhaled smoke from his mouth and stared at Aina in astonishment.

"And how do you know that?"

"I guessed." She lied.

She had no desire to discuss with him the other peculiarities of which he would accuse her, even though she knew that a conversation about the letters would be inevitable. She mentally scolded herself for not being able to pay attention to what she was saying. She was always like that. Hasty. The mouth was ahead of the mind.

"No, you didn't... But that's not the point," the boy who was leaning against the wall behind him a moment ago was now standing just a short distance away from Aina, who was trying to banish her thoughts, quickly looked away from the cigarette in her hand and popped it into her mouth. Chishiya felt like asking her about it. He wanted to know how she knew his father was a doctor. He knew that she lied to him about the fact that she was only guessing.

"Um," he threw the cigarette on the ground and stomped on it. He then turned on his heel, his back to Aina, put his hands in the pocket of his black jacket and slowly walked away from her. She didn't understand. She stood there as if scalded. Will he just leave her standing here again and leave without a word?

"Are you going or not?" Chishiya suddenly turned and waited in the middle of the sidewalk.

Without another word, Aina threw the still unsmoked cigarette on the ground, stepped on it with her right foot and tried to catch up with Chishiya with a quick step. She replayed in her head what she was going to tell him about the letters. Although, she didn't know what else Chishiya wanted to hear. She didn't want to tell him the details of what they wrote in the letters. The things in them were very personal to her and she was afraid that this Chishiya would not understand them. He would consider her an even bigger fool than before.

.·:*¨ ¨*:·.

Chishiya was sitting across from Aina at a table in a nearby cafe. On the walls around there were various pictures that beautified the environment. There weren't many people in the cafe, which suited both of them, as they were going to talk about rather absurd things.

The elderly waitress placed a latte in front of them both, but Aina's was flavored with caramel. They both thanked the waitress politely and waited for her to turn to leave. The table they were sitting at was quite small, and the space between them was therefore narrower.