🂱 02 🂱

"And all of a sudden I felt really tired. Like the world had drained me for everything that I had."

Chapter 2

Aina was sitting on the bed without even moving. She watched as the dark haired boy leaned towards Chishiya and said : "You're even more nasty than before."

Chishiya's gaze changed. He looked both – surprised and confused by what Arisu told him. It was something he didn't expect. Lying on the bed, the fair-haired boy began to silently wonder if he had ever met this boy before. He could not recall any memory that would remind something of him. However, he didn't want to be distracted and therefore pushed the dialogue about from where he knew him to the back of his mind.

"I can be even nastier, but you don't want to experience that." Chishiya took a different tactic. He started pestering Arisu by saying that he had no idea who he was talking to.

Arisu's lips began to tremble slightly and the right corner of his mouth slowly curled into a smirk. Arisu didn't have the courage or desire to argue with Chishiya about something that made no sense. Because he knew, that Chishiya was one of those people who were not worth fighting with. He always wins.

Therefore, the tall, dark-haired Arisu turned back to Aina. The girl gave him one little smile and watched him leave the room. Right after that she looked back at Chishiya, whose eyes were focused right in front of him, on the green wall, he just sighed again. Aina did not take her eyes off him for a little longer than she originally planned.

"Stop staring." Fell out of him. Aina very quickly looked away at her legs hanging off the bed, but she didn't dare to say anything. She was too upset and afraid that she would say something to him she would later regret. Chishiya found it strange the girl didn't answer back, so he slowly turned his head towards her and waited for her to stir up the conversation. But nothing came out of the girl, she kept looking at her feet in a shame and tried to ignore him. But deep inside she wanted to hug him and cry. But that was not possible, she was aware that she was now a complete stranger to him.

"I see you're not in the mood to talk." Chishiya stared at her, trying to find something in her that would help him clarify his feelings. But he did not see any connections in anything what would lead him to the correct answer. It was strange he was excellent at observing people, but observing himself was one of the things he did not excel at.

"Good morning, welcome back!" two people burst into the room. One woman and one man. They were both dressed in long, white robes and had lots of papers in their hands.

"Chishiya, good to see you. I'm so glad you're okay." A man, a doctor, strode over to the boy's bed and patted Chishiya on the shoulder.

"I'm glad you're the one taking care of me today." Chishiya proceeded to play the game he had just started playing with his colleague. He pretends to be interested. He is almost sure that his colleague is only saying this out of politeness and besides, he didn't like him. He made him do things that were against him.

"And you..." the doctor walked over to Aina and looked blankly at the tubes and cables lying on the floor next to her bed.

"What happened here?" the doctor and his assistant at his side looked at the girl reproachfully.

"Sorry, I had to leave for a second and..."

"To leave..." Chishiya immediately jumped into her speech together with his teasing tone of voice. When Aina glanced at him with her eyes, she saw him smirk and once again turn his stare in front of him, away from her.

"Did someone ask you something?" Aina was losing patience with his behavior. She never even thought she would have to go through this phase, when he doesn't know her and behaves like a complete beast, one more time. Maybe it wouldn't hurt her so much if she didn't remember him either. That's why it was a little more difficult for her this time.