🂹 23 🂹

"You can't keep someone who doesn't want to be kept."

Chapter 23

*flashback continues*

(please, if you do not remember what happened in the last flashback, read it again)

Aina was experiencing a minor shock, as she knew very well how it could all end. That's why she pressed her eyelids tightly together and her lips met in a thin line, wishing that nothing bad would happen.

She was angry with herself. He never knows how to keep her mouth shut and Kuina didn't look very happy either.

"I know about the gun. He won it in his first game. How do you know about that?" Kuina tried to speak as quietly as possible.

In between, she watched to see if there was any suspicious person near them who could hear their conversation.

"The last time I played with him, he lent it to me. And today I saw it tucked into his swimsuit."

With a sigh, Kuina rested her head against the wall behind her and placed the cigarette between her teeth again, which she began to chew on.

"Do you think he heard us?" Aina asked leaning her back against the wall, right next to Kuina.

"I hope not. Otherwise, it can turn out very badly." Kuina spoke with an irritated tone in her voice.

Aina knew that Kuina was angry with her and she had a right to be. She sometimes forgot that there were other rules in this world. And when one does not follow them, one will face the consequences.

"Kuina, what about the card th-."

"Let's not talk about it here. Anyone can hear us." Kuina flashed her dark eyes at Aina, signaling her to finally shut up.

Aina then took a deep breath and immediately exhaled through parted lips.

With her eyes, she caught a glimpse of a blond boy coming down the stairs from the upper floor. As usual, his hands were tucked into the pockets of his white hoodie. Their eyes met for a brief moment, causing Aina to smile softly.

She also noticed that Chishiya's lips were also curling in a small smile.

"Look." Kuina snapped Aina out of her trance and took one big step to reach the railing, on which she rested both hands with her elbows.

Aina frowned and stood next to Kuina. They had a good view of what was beginning to happen in the hall full of people having fun.

"Finally some drama." Chishiya appeared next to Aina who didn't even look at her and automatically placed his hands on the railing just like the girls.

Looking at the right corner of his lips, Aina forgot to breathe. Her knees buckled as he ran his tongue over his mouth. It was then that Aina realized she shouldn't give him so much attention since he or Kuina could notice at any moment.

Therefore, he looked down at the hall through which two tall men were rushing. They inspired respect, that's why every person they passed by was shying away from them.