chapter thirty six

"We won't forget each other, right?"

Chapter 36

*flashback ends*

She lay in her bed for several long minutes with a headache after waking up just before lunch. Her head was pounding as if she hadn't slept in days and her throat felt dry. Therefore, she decided to sit down, but immediately regretted it because of the pain in her stomach.

"Oh no, this isn't good." She said quietly to herself, feeling the need to stand up and walk with quick but clumsy steps to the door of the room where she ran down the hall to the bathroom. 

She opened the toilet as quickly as possible and did what everyone hates.

She didn't even have time to close the door behind her, so both of her parents, who didn't even expect her to get out of bed today, could hear her. Therefore, they both looked at each other in surprise as they sat together in the kitchen at the table. Aina's father nervously ran his fingers through his hair and sighed softly.

"Isn't she alredy old for this?" he asked quietly, looking at his wife who shook her head.

"You're old. Have you forgotten how mischievous you were?"

They were both silent for a moment when Aina's voice calling for her mom came from the bathroom.

"I'm coming!" shouted the mother, before quickly standing up from her chair in panic and running to her daughter's aid. 

Then she heard the toilet flush and finally saw her daughter trying to get up from the ground. She looked miserable. She still needed to sleep out what she drank yesterday.

"You're so stupid! How could you get so drunk?!" her mother scolded her, trying to help her up. 

She supported it with her palms under her armpits and slowly walked through it to the corridor.

"Mom, I'm probably dying." She muttered under Aina's breath as she gripped the door frame with her hand.

"You're not dying, you're just drunk! Look at yourself! You look like a piece of shit!" Mom shook her head and dragged her daughter to the rest room, where she stood her in front of the sink. 

She poured water into her palm and, without telling Aina, rubbed her face with it, soaking her entire shirt and a few strands of her hair.

"Mom! Don't!" Aina shouted.

"You have to wake yourself up! Come on, drink it!" her mother instructed her, pointing to the faucet. 

Aina hissed and clumsily bent over to the sink. She drank from the running, cold water and finally gave her mother one of her reproachful looks.

"Even after all these years you haven't learned your lesson. If you don't know how to drink, then don't drink at all!" said the mother while she stopped the running water and finally helped her daughter walk from the restroom to her room.

At that moment, the stench that was in the room hit their noses.

"I have to open the window before we suffocate in here." Mom said after placing Aina on the bed and walking over to the window which she opened wide.

"What would I do without you, mom." Aina gasped, slowly laying her back on the bed, watching her mom move closer to her.

"Oh, Aina." Her mom crossed her arms over her chest angrily.

"Huh?"

"You were so drunk last night. Also, the young doctor drove you home. I don't know how it would have turned out if he hadn't done it."