🂱 29 🂱

"I loved you, but I kept pretending I didn't because I thought you didn't love me the same."

Chapter 29

*flashback ends*

Aina stared at the message Chishiya sent her for a long time. She felt terrible. A fire began to burn on her chest, which started to spread throughout her body.

She quickly moved away from Kaito and walked over to the bar stools. With nervousness and a deep sigh, she placed the phone on the bar counter with the display facing down.

She leaned her hands on the bar and put her face in her hands. Her body trembled from the stressful situation in which she found herself.

She ran her fingers through her bangs and finally tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. But then she realized how she could not care about it all.

Chishiya made it clear to her several times that he was just playing with her.

Why should she now blame herself for him seeing the photo of her with Kaito? Although she felt bad because it looks like she wanted to provoke him.

"Has something happened? Do you want to get some fresh air?" Kaito suddenly appeared behind her and gently touched her back.

Aina jerked to the side and turned to him. She saw how he stood close to her and looked into her eyes with a look full of lust.

For a short moment, she felt a strong tremor in her lower abdomen, but she immediately pushed this feeling to the back of her mind.

"No, I just... I'll have to go now. I do not feel good." Aina took the phone in her hand and threw it into the pocket of her purse.

"If it's because of me, I'm sorry. I didn't want to pressure you." Kaito's eyes widened.

He looked really scared. He was afraid that he had scared off Aina with his boldness.

"Let's not talk about it." Aina took a deep breath.

Without even looking at him, she put on her coat and crossed the strap of her purse over her shoulder.

"At least, I'll see you off then." Refusing to give up on Aina's presence, Kaito quickly put on his black coat.

"Kaito," Aina shook her head and added coldly, "I don't think that's a good idea."

"But come on. I can't let you go alone in this state." Kaito didn't hesitate and pushed Aina forward with his palm on her back.

Aina couldn't help but marvel at how attentive Kaito was.

She thought that Kaito wasn't that bad. She feels good with him. Safely. She talked to herself that maybe she could give him a chance.

However, her mind was still wandering in the clouds, thinking about Chishiya. She could not give up hope that he would finally understand everything.

Although she hoped very much for it, she was afraid it wouldn't happen. Her whole ordeal was taking too long and she was losing patience.

"Oh," Kaito suddenly turned back and went back to the bar where he started chatting with the bartender.

He pulled out his wallet from his coat and placed some money on the counter. Aina then smiled gently when she realized how they almost left without paying.

Kaito turned around and slowly walked towards Aina. At that moment, she wondered if she found Kaito attractive because she was drunk or because she really liked him.