🃁 07 🃁

Chapter 7

"I just want a day where it feels like I am not falling apart anymore."

*flashback continues*

(please, if you do not remember what happened in the last flashback, read it again)

Aina danced to the rhythm of the music. She wanted to forget the life's sorrows caused by this cruel world. She wanted to forget that in less than two days she would have to participate in a game again because her visas would expire. But she couldn't concentrate very much because in the back of her mind she was bothered by the feeling that Chishiya was always watching her from the stairs.

"What's going on?" Kuina suddenly turned towards Aina after turning around in time with the music. She sensed from her that she was thinking about something. Aina just shook her head, took Kuina's hand and wrapped herself around it. At that time, she had no idea that someone else was looking in her direction.

"Chishiya," the black haired boy stopped next to Chishiya who just rolled his eyes at his presence.

"Are we looking the same way?" Niragi continued, leaning against the wall.

"What do you mean?" Before Chishiya crossed his arms over his chest, he managed to put on the hood of white hoodie on his head. Only strands of blond hair and his bangs peeked out from under this hood.

"You know very well what I mean." Niragi laughed and bent his left leg at the knee to lean against the wall behind him. During all this, Niragi acted as if nothing serious had happened a little while ago. He stared down at both girls and smirked when Chishiya didn't answer him.

"I noticed she does not have a bracelet on." Niragi added, lowering his head to the ground.

"What about that?"

"You know the Hatter won't like it. Dragging people here without his approval." Niragi was trying to explain to him what he meant. But Chishiya turned to him and laughed condescendingly.

"I'm part of the Executives, don't talk to me like I don't know. Besides," the blond boy looked away from Niragi and finally added, "The Hatter knows I'm smarter than you. He won't mind if I approved it."

Niragi's face indicated that he wasn't too thrilled with what Chishiya had said. Even before that, the tension between these two could be cut into several parts. Chishiya's arrogance got on Niragi's nerves and he made it clear several times he would cut his throat at the next opportunity. Until now, however, he did not dare to take such a radical step.

Chishiya stuffed his hands into the pockets of his white hoodie and walked past Niragi, ignoring the sinister look in his eyes.

"I have to go get a drink." Kuina said as she finished the first song she and Aina danced to.

"I go with you." Aina hurriedly joined the tall brown haired girl. She didn't want to be alone anywhere, so she decided that the best way to avoid loneliness was to hook up with Kuine. In addition, she is smart and wise, so it seemed like the most suitable option for her. Even though she knew that when she was with her, she would also be seeing Chishiya a lot.

The girls walked together to a small makeshift bar next to the dance floor, behind which sat a few people who were already throwing themselves on their naked bodies, kissing and hugging each other. Suddenly, a glass full of water with a lemon inside landed in front of Aina. Frost formed on the top of the glass, which was caused by ice.