🃁 10 🃁

Chapter 10

"Worlds change when eyes meet."

(please, if you do not remember what happened in the last flashback, read it again)

*flashback*

Aina tried to at least glimpse even the slightest hint of something that would remind her of Kuina or Chishiya. But she didn't see any of them, not even when she looked down at the hotel lobby from the balcony. There was a big mess everywhere, but a few people who were running around had plastic bags in their hands and collected all the waste from the ground.

Sighing, Aina turned and leaned her back against the railing. Her sight fell on her hand, around which a bracelet with her number was wrapped. She decided to continue her search. She knew where Kuina could be and that's why she ran towards the long corridor, where she stopped at the door of Kuina's room. She quickly slammed her palm down on them. One time, another time, but no one answered. The door opened only when she knocked on it a third time.

Kuina appeared in them and invited Aina into the room.

"I'm so sorry." Aina tried to say as she walked in through the dust of the door.

"It's nothing, it's my fault. I should have handled it differently. I should have told him about it right away." Kuina closed the door behind Aina and slowly walked over to the bed, where she collapsed on top of her with a smile. Only now did Aina notice that she was holding a white towel in her hand and pressing it to her injured forehead.

"In my opinion, this place is perverted. Hatter looks like one of those psychos on TV." Aina sat down on the bed next to Kuina.

"Huh," Kuina let out a soft laugh and finally added, "you have no idea."

"Do you feel safe here after today? Tell me the truth." Aina asked, turning to face Kuina. She just took a deep breath and curled up on the soft mattress of the bed.

"There is no point in solving it. Somehow, I still think it's better to be here than out there alone." Kuina sat up from her lying position and dropped the towel, which was now covered in blood, on the floor not far from the bathroom door.

"Although," she sighed, "very bad things have been going on here lately. Management is starting to skip over here, many people are disappearing more and more often. And no, it's not because of the games." Kuina said as she got up from the bed and walked over to the bathroom door, which she opened and then turned on the faucet.

Frowning, Aina didn't hesitate, standing up and walking over to the bathroom door frame to get a good look at Kuina.

"You're telling me the Hatter lets them kill, huh?" Aina leaned against the doorframe in disbelief while Kuina washed her face with cold water in the sink. Finally, drying her face with a clean towel, she turned to Aina.

"Death to a traitor. That's one of his rules."

.·:*¨ ¨*:·.

Aina spent the whole day with her dreadlocked friend Kuina. It was evening and the sun had recently set. Kuina was sitting on the floor next to the bed on which Aina was grinning.