🃗 19 🃗

"I was missing you before we even met."

Chapter 19

Aina's gaze gently lifted towards Chishiya, who this time did not smirk as usual. A stony expression rested on his face.

"Does he speak to you?" Kuina leaned closer to Aina and whispered it so quietly that only she could hear it.

However, it was too obvious that their conversation was based on Chishiya.

Aina could do nothing but nod in agreement. She was once again struck by the thought of how terrible it is that none of them except her and Arisu remember anything.

While in the Borderland, Kuina and Chishiya were good friends who could cover each other's backs at any time under any circumstances.

"I warmly welcome you all to today's session." An unknown doctor entered the room dressed in black tight pants and a white sweater on top of his body.

Walking over to a small group of people sitting on chairs, he ran a hand through his brown hair and sat down on one of the chairs.

Aina was glad that she didn't have to answer to Chishiya's question, because the whole thing was interrupted by the incoming doctor.

However, she still felt Chishiya's burning gaze fixed right on her. She raised her eyes in the opposite direction to make sure that he was really looking at her.

As their eyes met, Chishiya leaned forward slightly and rested his elbows on his knees, his hands resting his chin on them.

"I am extremely glad that we are meeting here today and we can talk together about how you are managing the situation after the big disaster that affected most of you." The doctor said.

"As if you knew anything about it." From the side came the teasing tone of Niragi's voice, which Aina hoped she would never hear again.

"I know what you're thinking. I have nothing to preach to you here. However, I suffer just like you."

"And how?"  Niragi hissed on him.

"My mother died there." Replied the doctor with sadness in his eyes.

Everyone just stared into space. Even Niragi himself was embarrassed but finally added, "What I would give for that."

"Do not talk like this." A voice came from Aina's left. It was Kuina who spoke.

It was strange for Aina to hear her say such things to Niragi, remembering how much she wanted to see him dead.

"You should be glad you survived. The universe gave you a second chance for living." Kuina continued to speak.

"And how do you think I should live when I look like this?" Niragi's tone of voice was rising.

Even Aina noticed the anger building up in his eyes. She smiled at how Niragi hadn't changed at all.

"It's not about how you look, it's about being a better version of yourself." Aina looked towards Niragi.

One wouldn't notice any emotion on her face, at most contempt for the person she was talking to.

"Huh." Niragi chuckled. Chishiya's lips parted in a smile, and he had already managed to lean back on the chair and cross his arms over his chest.