🂦 17 🂦

Chapter 17

"But friends do not look at each other the way we do."

*flashback continues*

(please, if you do not remember what happened in the last flashback, read it again)

Aina picked up all the things that Chishiya needed a moment ago to sew up the wound on her forehead. She threw the used cotton swabs in the trash with the needle, returned the alcohol together with the spray back to its original place in the first aid kit. She then slowly walked past the kitchen counter to the stairs that led up to the hotel lobby, where the fun continued.

She walked past a dancing crowd of people clinging to each other with their semi-naked bodies, enjoying every moment of their existence.

Aina had only one thing at that moment in her mind, and that was to find Kuina.

She walked slowly up the grand staircase to the first floor. Her gaze turned to the right as she hoped with some small part of her body to see Chishiya there, leaning against the wall next to the railing. This time, however, he wasn't there, and Aina sighed quietly at that. That's when the person she was thinking about when she went up the stairs appeared before her eyes.

"Kuina!" Aina yelled, running towards her friend who was coming down the hall, headed for her room.

"Aina, are you okay?" Kuina said to Aina as she threw her arms around her neck and squeezed her in a tight hug.

It was a special feeling for Kuina to feel a sincere hug from someone. After spending so many days in this world full of death and pain, both Kuina and Aina were enjoying it.

"Yes. How about you?"

"The game was easy, we did it very quickly. We arrived about an hour ago." Kuina slowly pulled away from Aina and waited for Aina's response.

"I'm happy about that. We had it a little more difficult one than I thought." Aina replied and with a shuffling step she made her way to the railing on the stairs by the pillar where Chishiya used to stand as well. Kuina walked over to her and watched as Aina put her hands on the railing and let out a devastated breath.

"What about Chishiya? Is he okay?" Kuina asked.

"When he was not okay. I don't think he would ever have a problem with winning any game." Aina snapped.

"That I'm even asking."

"Listen, was he always so well equipped in every game?" Aina turned her back to the railing and leaned against it, letting her eyes fall on Kuina who was already grinning very fiercely.

"Did something drastic happen when you're suddenly so concerned about him?" Kuina crossed her arms over her chest with a smile and gave Aina a questioning look. She had a feeling that something had happened between the two of them and she had a great need to find out if she was right.

"No, it's just... He helped me so many times tonight. I don't know what to think about it. I have mixed feelings about this." Aina began speaking her thoughts out loud to which Kuina just smiled and leaned against the railing the same way Aina did.

"I guess he just wanted to prove to you that you can trust him."

"I still don't feel that way," Aina said.

She gently brushed a strand of hair from her forehead with her fingers and tucked it behind her ear, exposing the stitched wound on her skin. Of course, Kuina's eyes noticed it immediately.