🂱 08 🂱

Chapter 8

"I still repeat the things you said to me in my head."

*flashback continues*

"Okay then." The Hatter laughed and, hands on his hips, walked over to a closet at the far end of the room where he pulled out a large box. It was then that Aina's eyes tore away from those of Chishiyas's and shifted to Hatter.

He placed the box he had taken out of the closet a moment ago on the table in front of Aina and Kuina and opened it with a grin. He put his hand inside it and looked for something on it's bottom.

"You will get your bracelet. Everyone has to wear it because you're in a hotel. You're a part of us now." The Hatter pulled a blue bracelet from the box that had the marking 268 on it.

He nodded his head towards Aina's hand, signaling her to give him her hand. Therefore, she boldly shot her left hand towards him and watched as he put the bracelet on her hand.

"Again, welcome to The Beach. Feel at home here. Everything is allowed. We have here a plenty of food, drink, fun, and sex." The guy in the floral robes spread his arms up as if he was proud of what he had just presented to Aina.

She just watched him in amazement when Niragi walked past her with a gun in his hand and stuck out his tongue at her seductively. Aina tore her gaze away from him in disgust and ducked in shock as Kuina stood to her left and slammed her foot into the chair.

"I ask you again, was this all necessary?! You didn't have to beat us up like that!" Kuina said crossing her arms over her chest.

"Kuina," the Hatter began calmly, "we have to build some respect here, don't you think?"

Kuina sighed and reluctantly prepared to leave the room. However, a bald guy stood in front of her, blocking her passage to the door.

"Aguni, it was enough for you to do this to me. Let me go." Kuina was nervous, she wanted to get out quickly and pull herself together. Her forehead was bleeding from the wound inflicted by Aguni and it needed to be treated as soon as possible.

"My friend, Aguni, let her go." The Hatter smiled softly and waved his hand to let her go.

"Are they really going to be released without us punishing them somehow?! That's not how you build up the aforementioned respect." Niragi was disappointed with Hatter's approach and took a slow step back towards the still seated Aina who was trying to stay as far away from him as he slowly leaned down to face her.

"I'd know very well what to do with them." He chuckled as he sniffed Aina's hair. Being so close to him made her feel sick. Her mind was telling her to get up and run, but her body was as if paralyzed and she couldn't move. And finally, in the depths of her soul, she was waiting for someone to unexpectedly save her again.

"Enjoy yourself." The one who saved her this time was Kuina, who just rolled her eyes at Niragi. Niragi arched his back and walked over to the woman in question, who swept him off the table like a deck of cards with her words.

"Don't look at me like that, because my hand will fly off." Kuina added after a while, and at that Aguni, who was still paving her way to the exit, retreated.

She quickly walked out the door and then the other people in the room started to follow her and slowly started to leave. Even Niragi, who this time ignored Aina and left without another word. Aina, however, sat on the spot and breathed in what had just happened. She realized that her life was on the line and if the Hatter had decided otherwise, she wouldn't be here. Not even Kuina.