Chapter 82 - Yamuna's Suspicion

Start from the beginning

Maya bitterly chuckled as she looked down at her tummy and caressed.

Maya: un appan nuku.. romba thimir airuchu.. kalaila pathum pakatha mari poran.. Avan uyir nee.. unna enakula vechutu.. inoruthan kooda senthu.. asirvatham vanga enaku kusuthu.. Ena tha nee irukarathu avunuku therila naalum.. nan inoruthan kuda nikaratha epadi Avan aala pathum kandukatha mari iruka mudiyuthu.. her eyes welled up.. nadakarathu ella patha.. enga avan ithu Ella serious ah panranonu bayama iruku baby enaku.. enga nama vendanu poiruvano nu bayam ah iruku.. she sighed and wiped the tear that slipped out on her cheeks... Avan enna Vena panatum.. ana Amma una vitra matan paapa...

Yamuna who came in search of Maya found her under the tree talking to herself and frowned.

Yamuna: Maya enna ?

Maya: Ah athu.. airpod.. she was grateful that she had her airpods while Yamuna nodded.

Yamuna: una enga ella thedarathu... inga enna panra ?

Maya: verthuchu athai atha.. Marathu kadaiya ukaralam nu vanthan..

Yamuna: seri va sapdalam..

Maya nodded and stood up but the duo stopped walking when they found an older woman in her seventies come towards them.

Yamuna: Inga enna aatha panringa.. sapdalaya? She asked in a louder voice so the woman could hear.

" Sapten atha.. Ama ithu yaru.. " she eyed Maya.

Yamuna: ithu nama Illavarasi ponnu..

" Illavarasi pona tha nee.. " she moved to Maya who nodded and held her hands. The older women looked at her face keenly and her hands that was filled with glass bangles before she smiled and warded evil eyes.

" un appan nee china pulaya iruka apa thookitu pona ipa neeya pullaiyoda vanthu iruka.. "

Maya's eyes widened and she blinked in confusion while Yamuna was confused.

" Ethana masam tha aachu.. gavanama irukanum.. "

Maya was shocked would be a understand, she looked behind the lady were Yamuna stood and gulped. She had heard that some older people with experience would easily tell if a girl was pregnant just by looking at her, but she never thought she would experience it which would literally showcase her secret to her family. Maya wanted to say something and escape the situation but no word came out of her mouth in shock leaving her helpless. And in time Yamuna pitched in as saviour.

Yamuna: Amma.. amma.. neenga vera Yarayo ninachu Ava kita kekaringa..

" Enaku vayasu Analum.. nyabagam uh koraila.. vaithiyam uh marakala.. "

Yamuna: Illa ma.. neenga thappa purinju irukinga.. Avuluku inum kalyanam agala.. ipa tha Ella pesi mudichu irukom..

" Enna solara ne... oru pullaiya pathala nan kanichuran..enaku theriyatha tha.. iva avunga amma vayuthula irukaratha kanichu sonatha nan tha...ipa matum en kanipu epadi thapa pogum... Ava mogam ah apdi jolikuthu.. "

Maya was literally trembling inside while the older woman said with so much confidence. She noticed Yamuna frowning at the woman's confidence and gulped, looking away unable to meet her eyes.

Yamuna did not believe what the woman said but one look at Maya , doubt creeped into her. The usual Maya who could have by now spoke back stood there silently. She also noticed something else which shocked her, she noticed fear on Maya's face. She looked around to find the place to be a little crowed and decided to push it aside for sometime. She somehow convinced the older woman and send her away.

Yamuna: Maya Avunga solarathu ella nee ethuvum nenachukatha.. vayasu anavunga etho solitu poranga.

Maya nodded but her guilt just doubled up with Yamuna's belief.