f l a n e u r

Flaneur — A person who strolls the city to experience it.

* * *

"This place is beautiful." I said, looking at the fancy chandeliers and even more fancy people inside, a big smile on my face.

"You're beautiful." I heard Bastian say from beside me and turned to face him with a red face.

"So cheesy." I said with a teasing laugh, shaking my head when he smirked.

"Only for you." He winked at me and I was glad I was leaning on him or I would have fainted right then and there.

"My cheesy man, where to?" I rolled my eyes playfully when a middle aged woman came towards us.

"Mr. Knight, it's good to see you after such a long time. Table for two?" She smiled at me warmly and I returned it when Sebastian nodded, all traces of warmth disappearing from his face as we were led to our table.

"Bastian." I pulled a bit at his sleeve when he hummed, looking down at me.

"No one would know us here, right? I mean... they won't know who I am to you?" I asked, chewing on my lip in a worry when he sighed, smoothing the crease on my forehead.

"No. You're my girlfriend, that's all they would know." He said and I raised a brow.

"Girlfriend? We haven't even gotten through our first date yet." I said as we were lead to a secluded area and he pulled out my chair for me, then pulled his next to mine and sat right next to me.

"Kitten, you were mine the moment I laid eyes on you. This—" He gestured to around us.

"Is just a formality, to show I can be a gentleman too. Sometimes." He added and I hummed, eyes searching his face.

"And besides, we had many dates before." He stated and I frowned.

"What? When?" I leaned towards him just as a waiter came to put the menu cards in front of us, momentarily surprised at Bastian sitting right next to me.

"All the times we had coffee at the café outside college. Or any other time we met and ate or drank something together." He stated as matter of fact and I crossed my arms over my chest, his eyes drifting down momentarily before coming back up as he opened up the menu.

"Choose." He gestured to the menu and I looked at him with narrowed eyes, picking up it up and sifting through it.

"Can you order for me? I don't know what's good here." I said and he nodded, gesturing for someone and gave our orders, another server pouring us wine.

Bastian took his glass, taking a sip and savouring it, my gaze on his lips the entire time like a pervert when they pulled up into a smirk and I blinked, looking up into his amused eyes.

"I wasn't staring at you." I blurted and he huffed out a laugh, raising a brow.

"I never said you were, little kitten." He mused and I closed my eyes in shame, pursing my lips when I felt something cool touch my lips.

I opened my eyes to find his glass touching my lips, his eyes trained on them.

"Drink." He ordered and I immediately parted my lips, letting him tip the glass so the wine flowed into my mouth gently. The sweet and tangy flavour made my eyes open as the flavours burst into my mouth.

"Like it?" He asked me and I nodded, swallowing the drink.

"It's delicious. So sweet and tangy at the same time." I said and he nodded, taking a sip himself, his lips right where mine had left a stain when I gulped, knowing he did that on purpose.