m a r m o r e a l

"There is a fire between us."

* * *

I creeped slowly towards him, this beast of a man who radiated anger but did not once look up at me. The thought didn't settle well with me. He looked so... marmoreal. Cold and aloof, like a marble statue. Heck, he could pass as one.

Was he mad at what I did? What did I even do?

"Bastian." I called out his name softly and saw him stiffen a bit before fixng me with a look that said 'I'm pissed, so fuck off'. Well too bad.

I stood at the edge of his desk, hands clasped in front of me together as I looked at him and he at me.

"Ms. Reed. What do you need?" The words that left his mouth were like a slap to my face which burned with shame, reminding me of who I really was and of my current position.

Ouch.

"Are you mad at me?" I asked him, ignoring the name he called me and carefully approaching the topic when he sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"I need to get some work done, if you have nothing important to say then you can—"

"Stop. Just stop that." I cut him off, exasperated and ran my fngers through my hair, his eyes following the movement.

"Don't do that." I whispered when he frowned, the only other emotion except anger on his face finally showing.

"Don't do what?" He questioned, sitting straighter when I huffed out a humourless laugh and looked at him straight in the eye.

"Don't ignore me. Don't act like nothing is affecting you." I said but my face fell at how empty his expression was.

"Sebastian." I said his full name now and his furious eyes snapped to mine, holding me captive for a few moments before he finally spoke.

"Come here." He spoke slowly and I obliged immediately, walking towards him as he pushed his chair back and I stood between his legs. His eyes raked my form, lingering longer on my bare legs when his dark gaze snapped to mine.

"Turn around." I did as he said, turning around and felt him stand up and press his front to my back, pushing me into the table so that my palms lay flat against it, my lips parting at the action.

His hot breath tickled my ear as he pressed a palm to my back, making me lean down so that my chest touched the table, my ass now pessing against his front as his palm slid down my back and all the way to my bottom slowly. Too slowly.

"Why was he here?" Bastian's heavy yet low voice rang in my ears when I frowned.

"Luke? I already told yo—" I was cut off when he harshly slapped my ass, making me yelp and look back at him in surprise, my mouth falling open but no words came out.

"I asked you something. Why was he here?" He hissed, his face twisting into one of anger.

"Sawyer couldn't pick me up, so I asked Luke to drop me off." I said quickly as his hand stroked me where he it had struck me. I gulped, looking forward and not daring to turn my head back, but I could feel his gaze boring holes into my back, my eye twitching as I fought the urge to stare back at him.

"And why did he come upstairs?" He asked me now and I took in a long and deep breath.

"Listen, Bas— Ow!" I gasped when he struck me again and I jolted forward from the impact, glaring at him and grtting my teeth, but the tingly feeling between my legs was new. And surprising.