l a l o c h e z i a

"You already know how this will end."

* * *

"Find out what, darling?" He spoke with a low voice, and it felt like he was purring at me when he leaned down to my level

My eyes were wide at the endearment he used for me, but I felt an unusual flutter in my chest at the name.

I liked it.

To my shock, he chuckled deeply, saying something to the man on the other side of the phone.

"She's like a piccolo gattino." (Little kitten) He muttered, scowling right after the man said something.

"No." He grunted, looking at me thoughtfully.

"I'll find out sooner or later, tesoro. Spit it out." He looked at me pointedly while I squirmed under his intense gaze, and when he raised his brow at me, I blurted everything out.

"I just thought you made swearing sound like a prayer." I blurted out the first thing that came to mind, slapping my hand over my mouth right afterward when both his brows raised up in amusement.

His deep chuckle reached my ears as my face turned a deep shade of red, and I looked back at his face immediately as he shook his head.

"Let's not let anyone else know about my swearing habits, yes, tesoro?" He purred, and I nodded automatically.

"Lalochezia." I murmured when his eyebrows raised in question.

"The emotional relief gained from using abusive or profane language." I said when he smirked as I bit my lip nervously.

His eyes flitted down to it, his smile disappearing as he stood back up to his full height after a moment or two.

Clearing his throat, he sauntered back to his seat, and when he looked back at me, all warmth and softness had disappeared from his eyes, replaced with the cold and lifeless look that was always there.

"I need the papers quick, Ms. Reed." He said it more coldly now, as if struck by a realisation, when I nodded my head frantically and headed towards his desk.

"No." He spoke into his phone with a slight frown, looking me over as the man on the other side spoke as he briefly glanced at the fingers on my left hand.

"I'm not asking, you idiot." He grumbled in annoyance as I placed the papers on his desk and he raised his brow at me.

"I'm done with them." I informed him and saw him nod as he pulled the papers towards himself, entering the marks in the result sheet.

"What about the contract with... what was his name? Ah, yes, Conrad." He spoke, and my ears perked up at the mention of my brother's name. His eyes were on me, curiously watching.