i n c a l e s c e n t

Incalescent  Set ablaze.

* * *

"Hey." Oliver's warm and friendly face greeted me as I stepped into the café, the smell of coffee and baked goods as I smiled widely at him.

"Hi Oliver. A latte, please, with the fudge brownie." I said, pulling out my card and handed it to him, careful not to touch him.

He nodded, typing in my order when a hand shot out from beside me and I sighed at the familiar person.

"Add a black coffee on there." He spoke gruffly from behind me and Oliver looked at me for confirmation.

I nodded once, letting him know it was okay as the man now beside me paid for us, his familiar intoxicating cologne wafting over to me and effectively making me dizzy.

Unconsciously, I leaned towards the warmth that seemed to seep off from his body before I realized what I was doing and subtly moved away as I collected my order.

I went ahead on my own, sitting down on a small table with two chairs and saw as the chair was pulled back before he sat on it after carefully placing his black blazer on the back of it.

"Thanks, but you didn't have to pay for me." I said when he shrugged.

"It's no problem." He said when I sighed heavily.

"It is for me. But thanks anyway. Just... Please don't do it again." I said and saw curiosity flash in his eyes as he leaned back in his chair, sipping from his cup.

"May I ask why not?" He asked when I shrugged.

"I just don't like people paying for me." I pursed my lips together, not willing to say anymore while he looked at me thoughtfully before nodding once.

"Duly noted for next time." He muttered when I frowned, snapping my head towards him to meet his gaze.

Did I hear that right?

He only looked at me as if nothing was wrong while sipping on his coffee casually. So casually that it looked hot and I had to look away when he raised his brow at me question.

"What?" He asked when I shook my head.

"Nothing." I mumbled, eating my brownie and humming at the taste.

"Good?" He asked when I looked up into his considerably darker eyes and nodded.

"It is." I said, wiping my mouth with a napkin.