n e p e n t h e

Nepenthe  Something that can make you forget grief or suffering.

* * *

"So I tell her, that she would be nothing without me and you know what she says?" Sawyer asks me and I peer at him questioningly

"What?" I ask nervously, awaiting his answer impatiently when he curls his lips in a sneer.

"She says, 'go fuck yourself, I was always something, you were nothing without me'." He mimics in a high pitched voice when I scoff in disbelief.

"The audacity." I say and he hums in agreement while I paint his nails black.

We were supposed to have a slumber party, but turned it into a girls night because I had talked to Zara a while ago and we both were reminiscing about our girls nights together when Sawyer decided to cheer me up and let me have one with him instead.

Hence, the nail polish.

"Would you like to add some glitter?" I held up the sparkly bottle when he grinned.

"Would I?" He eagerly put both his hands out and I giggled, getting to work. He had painted my nails a blush pink and added stars on them, and now I was doing his while Gilmore Girls played on the television in the background.

We were both in my room and had built a pillow fort, stealing pillows from every room we could find, including Bastian's (not that he knew) while he worked in his office.

Different snacks were laid around us including drinks and plush toys, most of which were mine. And the make up too. Lots of make up.

"What happened then?" I inquired, looking at him when he shrugged.

"We broke it off, obviously, but then she had come back a few days later because apparently she 'missed me'." He said and I frowned.

"Well, did she?" I asked and he smirked.

"She only wanted money from me. But I'm very missable, so I guess that must also have been a reason." He said with a straight face and I burst out laughing.

"You know what? I think you are very missable. Oh well, her loss." I said and he grinned at me like a little boy up to no good.

"You're right. It was her loss. Too bad I didn't care for her in any way. I don't even know why she hung around." He shrugged and I hummed.

"Do you think we should curl each other's hair after this?" I asked and he smiled like a Cheshire cat.

"That sounds great. I always wanted to see how my hair would look curled." He sad thoughtfully and I giggled, getting out of our fort and heading to the dresser where I plugged in my curler.

Sawyer crawled out as well, shoving a handful of popcorn into his mouth, most of which fell out and onto the fluffy rug as he came over to me and plopped down onto the stool in front of the mirror.