e c c e d e n t e s i a s t

"Hey, Harmony

"Hey, Harmony." Luke came over to me, smiling wide which I returned with one of my own, freezing him in place.

"Wow, that's one hell of a smile." He said shaking his head after a moment as if clearing his thoughts when I giggled.

"Is this seat taken?" He pointed to the seat next to me on where Logan had always sat, making me sigh heavily.

"Nope." I said and he grinned, showing his pearly white teeth as he plopped down on it, looking around the room.

"So, this is business class." He said and I nodded.

"Yup. The professor should be here about..." I trailed off, looking at my watch and just as the clock struck 11 a.m., the professor strolled inside in all his glory.

So punctual.

"Now." I said smiling.

"Looks like he's a perfectionist." Luke commented staring at the professor thoughtfully.

"How so?" I asked when he shrugged.

"Yesterday, when I was in his office, everything was so freakishly clean and neat, it kinda creeped me out." He said.

"Not one hair on his head is out of place, not one crease on his suit and his writing, his things, his style of doing everything is so immaculate and... has a pattern." He frowned a bit and my eyebrows shot up.

"You're quite observant. I like that." I stated and he grinned.

Oh?

"You're much like him, in a way." He said when my brows shot up.

"Everything about you has a certain... pattern. You're exceptionally organized and neat. The way you sit, walk, talk, everything resembles a person who enjoys control, just like him. So in short, you both are serious control freaks and perfectionists." He said proudly and I smiled, shrugging.

"I guess I am." I agreed and saw his nod.

He was right, I enjoyed control. Hell, I loved it.

I relished it.

 Which was probably the very reason I didn't want to leave this place and go with Conrad.

All my life, I had enjoyed my family doing the hard stuff for me but after a certain point, when things went south, I had a desperate need to control everything and everyone around me.

That control was the only thing I had a hold on, the only thing I could actually control. Which is why I wanted everything to be a certain way.

I guess I didn't really notice Sebastian's perfectionism because I was used to the sight of everything so organized and neat in my own space that his didn't bother or irk me in any way like it does to others.