l o u r i n g

"Touch her and you'll burn."

* * *

After half an hour of me relaying recent updates and sharing all the tea with Zara, I decided it was time to let her sleep for a bit and she promised to help me pick out an outfit for my date tonight. With Sebastian. 

Who was also my professor. And my brother's friend and business partner.

Let's not think about that.

"More?" Sawyer's voice snapped me out of my daze when I looked towards him holding the chocolate syrup in his hand. I nodded after a moment, sliding my plate in his direction.

"Yes, please." I smiled at him when the sound of heavy footsteps caught our attention and only a few seconds later, Bastian walked into the kitchen in all his handsome glory.

"Looking good, boss-man, impressing any ladies today?" Sawyer leaned his elbows on the kitchen island while I silently ate my waffles with my gaze levelled on my plate.

I heard an unmistakable grunt, knowing who it belonged to very well before a warm hand landed on my bare thigh and gently squeezed.

Oh my lord, give me strength.

"Just one." He mumbled from beside me, heat seeping out of his body and into mine when I gulped, my eyes connecting with Sawyer's bright and amused ones before a kiss was placed on my temple.

"Be ready at 8." He murmured, his lips touching the tip of my ear before he pulled away, instantly taking all the warmth away from me.

I mumbled a small 'okay', hearing the sound of receding footsteps before Sawyer practically leaped towards me.

"Be ready at 8 for what, Har?" Sawyer asked and I looked behind us and around to see if Bastian was gone before smiling like a Cheshire cat.

"Bastian asked me out. He wants us to be official, at least in our eyes. And some others." I added the last part with a grin when he laughed, slapping his thigh.

"Classic, he's jealous of us hanging out." He said and I nodded, shoving a bite of the waffle into my mouth.

"And Luke." I added when he nodded thoughtfully.

"And that other guy from the club whose name I forgot." Sawyer added and I chuckled, nodding.

"So he finally asks you out. What're you wearing?" He asked with one elbow on the counter, his face resting on his palm as his features betrayed extreme excitement.

"I called Zara, she said she'd help me out. You can join in, if you want." I suggested and his eyes lit up.

"I would love to." He said and then frowned thoughtfully.

"Although, I still don't understand how Sebby was able to score a hot girl and I couldn't." He pouted playfully and I laughed, shaking my head.

"You'll find someone too, I'm sure of it. You're a great guy, Sawyer."  I said and he smiled, nothing mischevious or playful in it, rather a warmth and gratitude that also showed in his hazel-grey eyes.

"Thanks, Harmony. And if Seb ever does you wrong, you tell me and I'll kick his ass for you, okay?" He said.

"I will." I said and both of us proceeded to eat our breakfast, chatting in between about the most useless stuff, until it was time for him to go to work as well.

I spent most of the time afterwards studying or setting up my things in my room until it was time for me to go and meet Luke.

"So you're saying that desire and craving is completely different, correct?" Luke questioned with furrowed brows and my mind was instantly hit with flashbacks of a similar conversation with Bastian.