SUMMER CAN LAST FOREVER

BELLY
We all woke up really early today including me, because most of us are leaving today. Jeremiah taylor and i will be going back to boston, conrads staying here before driving to get me on friday. This is it. my future is happening. im about to move 3000 miles away from my family, my friends, everything ive known. We all went out for breakfast this morning, and now were all getting in one last surf/swim. My moms sitting in the chairs with me.

"im really scared mom, about everything. im excited, but also terrified" i say.

"I know i was too when i left home, i think everyones like that. Youll be okay though. You have conrad hell take care of you, but take care of him too dont be too big of a brat" mom replies.

"Mom oh my god!" i exclaim laughing

"im kidding, sort of" she chuckles. "Take care of jeremiah and taylor for me please?" i ask her

"i will, i promise ill have them over every saturday for dinner" she tells me. Shayla and steven are leaving for princeton today too. Im so glad theyll finally be in the same place.

I go to my room and look around for anything i want to take. I grab the two polar bears on my night stand, and half my summer clothes. I want to leave everything else here, just the way it is. Ill come back next year like always. I go to conrads room, and put them in my suitcase.

"Hey bells i was thinking wed leave after lunch okay. We all got a lot to pack up at home" jeremiah tells me in the doorway.

"Yeah sounds good jere" i sigh.

"You alright?" he asks

"ill be fine, i just hate saying goodbye to the beach house" i reply.

"Dont worry itll be here next year, waiting to welcome you with arms open" he chuckles and i laugh too.

"Thanks jerebere" i smile.

I zip up my suitcase its so heavy and nearly overflowing. I wheel it out to the front door by jeremiah and taylors. On the last day of summer, susannah always made chicken ceaser salad because we needed one healthy thing during the summer. My moms decided to continue this tradition. Conrad steven and jeremiah are huddling together in a circle in the living room.

Weirdos i think to myself.

"are you ready to leave" my mom asks

"im never ready to leave cousins mom" i reply. The boys unhuddle steven and jere go off and conrad comes over to me.

"Hi" he says smiling.

"hello" i say skeptical. He hugs me, im confused but hug him back.

"Im sorry" he whispers.

"for what" i reply firm.

"NOW GUYS!" conrad shouts as he lifts my torso. I shouldve known steven and jeremiah run and grab my legs. Steven uses his butt to open the back door.

"You guys suck you know that!" i reply trying to get out of their grasp.

"As tradition we belly flop at the beginning and end of summer" steven laughs. They count down to three before im launched into the pool. I land with a flop and a splash. I swim up and scowl at them, as they high five one another.

"Why did you do this now? my make ups ruined and this is a good outfit" i pout.

"Dont be a baby belly" conrad replies the 3 of them go inside. I sigh and get out of the pool. why is everything so blurry all of a sudden? i ask myself.

Oh shit my contacts. i swear if i lost my contacts in the pool, im killing them. I wait a few seconds to see if it improves, it dosent. I squint to see the door, i grab what i think is the handle before walking inside. I dont walk inside though instead i run right into the door, fuck i think to myself. I squint again and open it for real. I walk inside and hear laughter. i make out blurry figures. Stevens nearly on the floor laughing, probably at me. I walk in the way i think is to conrads room.