HALLOWEEN

JEREMIAH
i wake up because i feel the sun light hitting my face. I open my eyes and check my phone 8:30am. I sit up and look over at belly and conrads bed, his side is empty, bellys sleeping soundly. I go to the bathroom, and relieve myself then i jump in the shower. I dry off and put on my red black and white stripped sweater. I rewear my underwear and jeans from yesterday because they dont smell bad yet. I put coconut oil cream in my hair to help with tangles and frizz. I add a neclace to complete my look.

Damn i look good i think to myself, i flex in the mirror and smile my stomach grumbles. I contemplate going to get breakfast downstairs, but i dont want to leave belly alone. conrad will kill me if i did. I wonder where he is, i hear a gasp and turn to find belly tossing and turning. "Dont come closer, please just stop, conrad, jeremiah, steven, anybody hello" she talkes in her sleep and starts to cry. Oh no she must been dreaming about that night at the party, i sit on the edge of the bed.

In an instant she wakes up hyperventilating"conrad!" she screams feeling for him.

"Hey bells, cons not here, its me jere" i say calm she sits up to hug me.

"i had the worst nightmare" she gulps.

"Do you want to talk about it?" i ask

"not yet it was really bad can you just hug me?" she mumbles.

"tell me about something happy?" she asks shaky

"i was really happy last night playing those games, and driving over here i listened to this great new song called dandalions, i think youd like it too" i tell her.

"That sounds really nice jere, why dont you play it" she asks i pull out my phone and find it.

"I really like the chourus and how the song talks about constantly wishing for someone. It reminds me of conrad when i used to wish for him" belly tells me.

"It reminds me of taylor, everythings okay when she smiles, and yeah the stuff about wishing she was mine" i reply.

"Dont give up on her yet jere, you gotta fight for her, taylors been hurt a lot and has a lot of trauma. She just wants to be sure you wont be like the others too" belly tells me.

"funny conrad told me not to give up yet either" i chuckle.

Its 9:15 now i wouldeve thought conrad would be back by now.

"Im gonna go shower" belly announces grabbing clean clothes. Conrad comes back in hes sweating up a storm.

"hey man where ya been?" i ask

"the hotels gym" he said out of breath.

"Intense workout?" i question he nods

"you dont look like this without hard work jere" he chuckles.

"Bellys already awake" he adds surprised.

"she was having a terrible dream about that night" i say.

Conrads face drops a look of worry, anxiety, and concern appears.

"how bad was it?" he inquirs serious.

"She was yelling and crying, woke up hyperventilating. She was looking for you, but i was able to console her" i reply.

"Thanks for being there" he tells me.

"I will say this, it was so bad, she didnt wanna tell me" i tell him

"oh damn" he sighs. Belly comes out of the bathroom in new clothes, her face lights up the way it always does when she sees conrad.

"We should get breakfast" i state.