DROWNING

BELLY
i wake up feeling way more rested than i did the other day. Im still a little mad at conrad, but our talk on the beach helped alliviate most of my qualms. Its also earlier than i normally wake up being 9am. Conrads out on his run, maybe ill take a page out of cindys book and take some me time. I change into my swimsuit, head out to the beach, and jump into the water. The waters still a bit cold, but warm enough to swim in.

I could swim forever im pretty far out, but i dont care im a strong swimmer. I go and float on my back. The wind picks up some which causes the current to move faster too. I get a little nervous, as rip tides can be really dangerous. Shit what did conrad say about currents? swim parallel and towards the shore. The wind dosent light up at all, it just gets worse. The currents now strong enough, its pulling me with it. I end up getting dunked by a wave. Dont panic. dont panic. dont panic. i tell myself. Im way far away from the beach by the house.

I hurry and swim as fast as i can before the current gets too dangerous. My legs are exhausted by the time i get on the beach. I sent conrad a message saying, i was going swimming. I look around and find myself in an unfimilar part of town, and i dont have my phone with me. Theres a lot of houses by here, and i know the general direction of the beach house. Im just so tired from all the swimming. i see the clubhouse in the distance, it takes me forever to walk there.

Im dry by the time i get there, im starving their clock reads nearly 12pm. Shit everyones probably really worried about me. Conrads probably already had several panic attacks. at least i know how to get to the beach house from here. Its a ten minute drive which means its likely a 30 minute walk. Im so tired of walking god why did i go by myself. I should be about halfway there, i did have a lot of fun swimming before the current that is.

The house is empty when i get back, theyre probably out looking for me. I hurry to the beach to collect my things, but theyre already gone. Oh fuck they probably checked here, and saw my things. I decide to go back to the house, and i wish we still had a home phone here. Maybe i should wait on the beach instead.

"BELLY!" a distant voice calls i know its jeres

"JEREMIAH!" i shout. He comes running over.

"belly oh my god. where the fuck have you been? Weve all been really worried. Especially con. He had a panic attack for an hour" jere tells me firm.

"I went for a swim, and went pretty far out. the weather got bad as did the currrent. It started pulling me, i got dunked i ended up really far away, walked to the clubhouse. i wasnt sure how to get to the house. Walked to the house after lunch, you guys were gone. I went back for my stuff, but it was gone" I reply.

"when con came back and realized you werent in the pool, he tried texting and calling cause it was 10am. he checked there and saw your stuff" jere sighs.

"I know im sorry, i just i didnt have my phone" i state

"youre okay thats what matters" jeremiah smiles at me. I hug him tight

"is conrad okay now?" i ask.

"Are you shitting me bells? no my brother is not fucking okay. He woke us all up in a frenzy. Ive never seen him so worried. He couldnt hardly breath, he was crying so much. His chest was pretty tight. I eventually talked him down from cam kidnapping you, which is where his brain went. Then we all split up, and started looking for you. Hes been driving all over the city streets. Shaylas been walking around the shops, taylor the docks, and me the beach. You really scared us bells, and cons not going to be happy you went out that far by youself. I dont think it was the smartest choice either. Next time, maybe just stick to the pool"jere tells me.

"I know i feel awful about all the stress i put everyone through, especially conrad" i say and hug jere again. We go back to the house.

"conrad calm down" we hear shayla say trying to comfort him.