WHITE CHRISTMAS

BELLY
Its currently christmas eve, the time is about five pm. mom and cleveland are out on a dinner date. I felt bad, their last one got ruined by me.

"Theres a party happening on the beach right now" steven states coming into the house.

"A party count me in, weve been stuck inside since we arrived 4 days ago!" jere exclaims.

"Sure i could go for a party" taylor agrees.

"Belly youre gonna say yes right, so conrad can say yes, and i can hang out with my best friend" steven nudges me.

"Conrad can make his own choices, if i say no he can still say yes" i reply. The others laugh.

"whats so funny?" i say

"oh bells" jere shakes his head.

"Belly yes or no" steven asks again. I dont want to go to the party, and i doubt conrad really wants to go either. The last few times ive partied at cousins, something bad happened. I also dont want to upset steven.

"ill go but im not drinking, and i want con next to me the whole time, incase i start having flashbacks. " i sigh.

"Yesss!!" steven cheers

"i promise, i wont leave you" conrad tells me.

About an hour later, we are all ready to go. Its just on the beach, so were walking. conrad has his arm around my waist.

"The summer kids in winter nice" marcus greets us

"hey man good to see you" conrad replies. Jeremiah takes taylor around, and introduces her as his girlfriend. Its quite cute how excited he is, conrad and i sit on the bench. I find myself watching people.

"its interesting the things people do when theyre drunk" conrad says. I laugh as marcus fails miserably at holding up matt for a keg stand.

Nicole and hailey are giggling so hard about something they fall over in the sand.

"Drunk people are funny, how come ive never noticed before?" i state.

"Because youre normally a drunk person doing the embaressing things" conrad teases.

"Fair point" i chuckle

"is that why you like to watch so much?" i ask.

"Part of it, but mostly after seeing what itd turn dad into, i never wanted that to be me" he replies quiet.

"I dont want to be here" i sigh

"then why did you agree to come?" he muses.

"i didnt want to upset steven, and he wanted to hang out with you" i say.

"I wouldve stayed back with you, dont let what he wants overshadow what you want" conrad tells me.

"Youre so wise" i kiss his cheek. A guy sits on the other bench next to me.

"do you like making out at midnight" he slurs singing along to the song. He makes kissy faces and out of nowhere i feel anxiety.

"Are you okay belly?" conrad whispers

"do you wanna go for a walk?" i ask rushed he nods. He takes my hand and leads the way.

"sorry i just had to get out of there, my anxiety was off the charts".

Were walking along the shore now"its okay ive been there, i was also getting anxious" conrad confesses

"why?" i ask

"im always anxious at parties belly. I normally work through it, for you and jere though" he says.

"So um i havent told anyone, but i think im gonna apply to ucla sanfran, ucla berkeley, u penn, stanford, and california state" i say randomly.