STALKER

BELLY
Its friday morning im on my way to brown, and im nervous im trying to convince myself its nothing. Theres a red sudan behind me, thats been behind me since i left the house. Perhaps theres another running start student that goes to brown that lives in my neighborhood and ive just never know? Im about halfway to the school, so hopefully they turn off at somepoint before hand. God i hope its not jeremy. stop it belly youre just over dramatic everything is fine i try and convince myself they are.

Tomorrow i have a meeting with the hotel to discuss everything prom related. I also have to start planning conrads birthday, thats next weekend. April 18th actually falls on a saturday this year. I know hes going to want something low key with just the people he cares about. Im thinking of inviting out brown friends and his closest friends in cousins. I figure just us summer kids will go for a hike then to the arcade. As for the party im thinking a game night. Jeremiah and i are going to make conrads favorite meal.

Jeremiah and i are also going to visit adam tomorrow. I pull into browns student parking and the red sudan parks behind me. I dont get out of my car just yet, and i lock all the doors. I try to catch a glimpse of the person as they walk by, its a guy. Hes got his hood up and the strings are pulled all the way. I watch as he stands by the walkway on the right. Hes on his phone he keeps looking up. Whoever they are, i have the awful feeling theyre waiting for me.

The campus has its own police, and theres blue buttons that you can push if someones following you. Its 7:40 i was a little early today. Maybe i can just be brave, but then i think about conrad. how hed be annoyed if something happened to be because i was stupid, and didnt call him when i was scared. Itd destroy him if something happened to me. Its been another 5 minutes and he still hasent left.

Fuck me. god i cant wait til im in california. I go to conrads name and hit the call button.

"belly?" he answers confused.

"Hey" i say trying to sound normal

"whats wrong? you sound funny." he asks.

"A red sudan followed me here from my house. Its a guy, but i couldnt see the face. They got out of the car, and theyre waiting for me its been 5 minutes. they keep looking up at me im scared, and i dont want to get out of my car..." i trail off.

"Do not get out of the car. im coming, ill be there in 5 your doors are locked? "he says.

"yeah they are, im sorry i wish i wasnt so helpless and weak" i sigh.

"Youre not weak isabel. youre strong, i dont mind. Ill always rescue you belly" he replies. We hang up and i see him coming into view on the walk way. After another minute hes at my door.

"hey, lets get you to class my lady" he helps me out. I laugh and he moves me over to the other side of him.

"Weird, but okay" i say grabbing his hand

"its a safety thing isabel, if that guy wants you. Hell have to go through me, and we both know ill throw hands" conrad chuckles. Conrad glares at the guy as we walk by. The stalker drops his phone, they definitley want me alone which leads me to believe its jeremy. We make it to our first class just in time, and i sit by the front today. I need to be close to conrad. we are currently reading little women, and answering the questions that are on the board each day.

I love this book. today the questions are about jo and laurie. Why she cant love him back. How does that compare to modern times? Do we as women still feel the same pressures about marriage as they did? Im currently reading the chapters. conrads working on grading stuff in ivars other classes for him. I think about me and jeremiah, how he thought he was in love with me. how even though we kissed, i knew i wasnt in love with him. I dont think we feel the same pressures that they did.