THANKSGIVING

BELLY
ive had the most amazing time with conrad up at brown. Daniel was gone, so ive been staying in his dorm. The two of us squished in his bed at night, i slept on top of him. We got coffee and breakfast in the mornings. He showed me the universities botanical gardens, and we went to a near by park. Most evenings though we built forts, and set up his laptop to watch movies while we held each other. This week reminded me of the weekend we spent at christmas time in cousins last year. This week has been just the destresser i needed.

The officers called my mom with the news that it was both cam and jeremy. Theyre in juvie now, and will be for the remainder of the year. I broke down in a mix of sad and relief tears, conrad held me while i cried. Today we are driving back to my house in boston for thanksgiving. Im putting the final touches on my hair, when conrad asks me if im all ready to go.

"yeah i just need my shoes" i smile kissing his cheek. I feel his eyes watch me the whole time.

"like what you see" i tease.

"Always" he sighs.

"you just look happy, and like yourself again" he adds quiet.

"Of course im happy i wont have to worry about going to cousins anymore. I just spent the week with you, and didnt have to drive to and from boston every day, no student council." I tell him

"im glad youre feeling better" conrad says. I kiss him a few times before we head out to the car. We get gas and snacks at the gas station, before we start driving.

"Why dont you plug your phone in this time?" i suggest.

"you hate my music belly" he chuckles shaking his head.

"i dont hate it, its just not my favorite" i reply. The first song that comes on is the night we met by some guy, or band called huron. He sings along which he hardly ever does, even though conrads a really good singer. I pull out my book and start reading. conrad has one hand on the wheel, the other, he always rests on my thigh. I always thought it was a cute gesture.

About 3 songs later conrad tells me to stop reading, i intially protest as the boy is finally going to admit he loves her.

"Isabel, youre gonna be carsick if you dont" he reminds me.

"i hate my weak tummy" i pout as i put the book down. A new song starts playing, its another sad sounding song. Does he listen to anything upbeat and happy i wonder? About an hour later we arrive at my house, jeres jeep is here, so is stevens car, and my moms car.

"We made it" i exclaim.

"we sure did belly" he smiles at me.

Conrad gets our suitcases, while i get my purse and then we go inside

"bells oh god, ive missed you" jere shouts with glee. He pratically tackles me with a hug.

"hey jere, its so good to see you too. i missed you" i hug him tight, and shut the door right as conrad walked up.

"Seriously belly, you couldnt leave the door open" he grumbles

"sorry love you" i beam. Conrad rolls his eyes and takes the stuff upstaires. Steven and shayla are here, i greet them with big hugs too.

"im so happy youre both here" i tell them.

"So are we" shayla states happy.

"wheres mom?" i ask

"shes in the garage getting the pies from the freezer" steven replies.

Conrad makes his way to the kitchen, him and jeremiah walk in together.