REHEARSALS

BELLY
the last time i did the deb ball i didnt even have an escort for rehearsals. id broken up with cam, because i thought conrad liked me and i didnt like cam. Nicole stepped in which was fine but not ideal. Then jere briefly came, but he didnt take it serious. while the random dance break was fun, it was not what i needed. This year conrad and i are driving there as a couple. Im still riding the waves from last night, which was the best. Conrad and i get out of the car, hes wearing a polo tan pants and black shoes.

Im wearing the blue dress shayla designed for me, its flowy and strapless.

"I finally get to see how strict this lady is" conrad says as we enter the club house.

"You are in for a treat" i shoot him a look. we go upstaires. he opens the door for me, and gently guides me through the door. we hold hands.

"You i remember you from 2 years ago, you didnt have an escort. glad to see you have one this time" the instructer tells me. Of course she remembers that i think to myself.

We line up and face our partners.

"excellent form you two" she compliments conrad and i. I get lost in his blue eyes as we dance.

"its really hard to not kiss you" he whispers

"same" i smile at him. I cant believe i remembered all the steps from before. This rehearsal goes by so fast, before i know it its 12 lunch time

"escort dance pratice, will be held on thursday mornings at 8am dont be late" she dismisses us.

"Fuck i am not looking forward to that dance" conrad tells me.

"Im awful at free dancing. like this i can do the shag, the waltz, ballroom dancing, the tango, but hey look at me im sexy dance. no way, ill be hiding in the back" he says and i laugh so hard.

"Youll be great, dont stress too much about it" i smile he smiles back at me.

"Oh my god belly, youre taking conrad as your escort" carlee says annoyed.

"Yeah yes been my boyfriend for like 2 years" i say.

"For now" she glares at me

"conrad only dates girls with good driving records. I happen to know yours isent, mis dui. hows the food in juvee?" i say. She gulps and storms off. Conrad and i snicker and do our handshake.

"Damn belly that was gold, look at her face. priceless, you were so cold it was kinda hott" conrad kisses my hand. Were in the car driving back.

"im just glad i can fight back you know" i say.

"I cant wait to go home and see my dad" conrad says like a kid. Im amazed that hes warmed up so quickly. He told me that as much as he wanted to be angry when he saw his dad, he just couldnt. he said deep down hed missed him too much.

"Im so proud of you for giving him a chance" i tell him

"hes doing everything right, for now" conrad smiles.

"How was rehearsal?" mom asks us

"good, way better this time around" i tell her.

 "hey party on shaylas family yatch tonight. you guys coming?" jeremiah asks us raising his brows.

"yeah im down to go party on a boat, as long as nobody steals my clothes" i joke we all laugh.

"Boats are all alright" conrad replies and i laugh.

"Its a theme too, tropical paradise" steven states coming into the kitchen.

"Ooohh i like it" jeremiah replies