TEMPTATIONS

CONRAD
This weekend, im staying at brown, so sheila and i can finish the project. Its saturday morning, belly drove back yesterday afternoon. im glad i still got my quality time with her. She seems to have this wild notion still, that sheila has a crush on me. They met yesterday, and it was a weird moment. Sheila was whispering a funny comment into my ear, and it made me laugh and blush apparently. Belly thinks she was flirting with me, and that i enjoyed it. I told her she was amping things up in her head, she bought it, but i know shes still jealous.

Shes one to talk though, telling cam super personal things, not to mention she kissed jeremiah. Also she lead on motorcycle guy. Shes arguebly done way worse things, i am working on a school project with a girl its much different. So what if shes my friend, most of her friends are guys. I know why she is the way she is though, belly grew up believing id likely never reciprocate feelings, so when i did, it meant the world to her. I get why shes still so jealous, deep down shes afraid. ill leave her.

I dont think its as big anymore, weve learned a lot especially me, and were a lot better at communicating than we were then. I could never dream of leaving her, shes the only girl ive ever loved, my sunshine, my belly. I bought her a promise ring, as a symbol of my love and commitment to her. So she could look down, and remember. also partially so other guys would hopefully think it was an engagement ring. Belly calls me, which is weird and i think somethings wrong with her, or maybe jeremiah.

"Hello" i answer,
"is everybody okay?" i say rushed

"relax connie geez, were all okay" she chuckles.

"are you? its like 8 30 am on a saturday...?" i trail off still worried.

"connie baby, slow down my guy. I am up so early because jeres leaving for state, and taylors going with him for the weekend. I know youre not coming up, so im on my way to the train station. I wanna see steven at princeton, and he isnt too busy this weekend. I figured it was a good idea to let you know my plans" she explains.

"Oh okay thank god everybodys okay, my anxiety was peaking. I think that is a wonderful idea, sounds like a blast, take lots of pictures, and have a fun brother sister trip" i reply relaxed.

"Are you okay conrad?" she asks.

"i am, just stressed about the project. Sheila and i are hoping to finish it, im going to her dorm later so we can" i say somewhat nervous.

"Will you be there alone? Never mind forget i asked that. I hope you have fun on your study date, i gotta go call you later" belly states annoyed, and hangs up.

I go for a run, and then i get breakfast in the dining hall, now im looking at houses near stanford, a nice one. I found one i really love, its by a beach called baker beach. Its blue on the outside its got 4 bedrooms, and most important 3 bathrooms. We wouldnt have to share, thatd be nice. I think belly would approve, she just wants a house on the beach. I gather all my books, and head to sheilas dorm.

"Hey conrad, my roommate decided to go home for the weekend so shes not here!" sheila says smiling.

I give her a small one back, she curled her hair, did her make up, and shes wearing a nice dress. "Got a date later?" i ask.

"Hopefully" she says looking at me.

"hey before we study today, i thought it might be fun to get to know each other in a game of 20 questions" she beams. For the first time, i feel the comforting aura she brings, its nice i dont feel that with too many people.

"uh you know what im feeling adventurous" i say chuckling nervous. Why am i nervous? 

"Ohh bad boy today!" she teases.