i saved him.

(Disclaimer: This is not part of the concurrent storyline, and I solemnly swear the real chapter is in the works, enjoy this for now lol, PS. this was written before OC's name change to Ori)

July 27th to most people is an extremely unimportant day. There's no holidays, no breaks, and it's rarely ever the weekend depending on the year. However July 27th is a very important day to Hayasaka Ai, it marks the day that her and her boyfriend, OC, got together.

So it was only understandable that the moment she opened her eyes, she was practically bouncing with joy out of the bed. She didn't know what to expect, they always celebrated their monthly anniversaries, doing small things like dates and going to different cities...but this was their one year anniversary.

She jumps into the shower, humming a happy tune and almost dancing while doing her morning routine. As she steps out for work, the rays of sun hit her face as if she were a goddess, perfectly lighting up her face and making her blue eyes glow. She skips over to OC's room and knocks on the door, knowing that OC usually wakes up after her.

Knock

Knock

Knock.

But nobody came.

She sighs, also knowing how much of a heavy sleeper he can be. She rolls her eyes and tries again, knocking on the door three more times.

Knock

Knock

Knock

But nobody came.

Her eyes furrow on frustration as the happy and joyful mood of hers starts to descend into worry. She tries to open the door, and surprisingly it isn't locked.

However as she steps inside, there isn't a soul to be found, and the bed is completely kept, as if it weren't touched.

She raises an eyebrow in suspicion as she briskly paces towards her master's room, hoping to see OC there as well. She opens the door without knocking and notices the raven black-haired girl tapping away mindlessly on her phone, not noticing Hayasaka come in.

"Kaguya-sama, good morning to you," Hayasaka greets, stepping in and bowing ever so slightly.

"Mornin Hayasaka," Kaguya dismissively greets back, tossing her phone to the side of her bed as she sits up.

"Have you seen OC anywhere?" Hayasaka asks, already ready to leave Kaguya's room after not seeing the white haired boy.

"Huh...? Hayasaka..." Kaguya begins, as if Hayasaka had struck a nerve with Kaguya.

Hayasaka looks at Kaguya quizzically as she speaks, almost as if Hayasaka couldn't understand what Kaguya was saying, like it was...some sort of foreign language.

"—but no need, he'll be back at some point," Kaguya finishes, wanting Hayasaka's confirmation.

Hayasaka snaps back into reality and bows frantically, not knowing what to do or say.

"Y-yes! Of course, Kaguya-sama," Hayasaka stammers before quickly walking back to her room. She sits down on her own bed, shaking her head and grabbing her phone.

She clicks it open and sees three messages from OC and her eyes light up, already prepared to answer them.

OC 🤍: Good morning Hayasaka!

OC 🤍: Happy anniversary!

OC 🤍: <3

Ai 💛: Good morning OC, Happy Anniversary!

Ai 💛: Where are you btw? I don't see you anywhere upstairs

It takes a few minutes for OC to respond, with his chat bubble popping in and out of the screen.