Chapter 29: The Fireworks Festival

"Don't you think the kimono is a bit short?" Kaguya asks, twirling around in her flowing pink kimono, complete with a red floral design.

Hayasaka responds by shaking her head and raising her thumb up in approval, as OC smiles and voices his reaction,

"You look great, sis,"

"You've gotten comfortable calling me that," Kaguya points out, recalling the somewhat-dull two months of summer they spent.

"Should I not?" OC asks, concerned that he made her uncomfortable.

"I don't mind, 'brother'," Kaguya mockingly responds, exaggerating her words.

OC and Hayasaka look on at the rare sight that is a gleeful Kaguya, practically bouncing around the room, ranting about how fun the fireworks were going to be.

To them, Kaguya almost seemed...

...like a normal girl...

*KNOCK KNOCK*

A knock at Kaguya's door quickly halts their talking, OC seeming to be the only one that feels dread start to press against his back.

He slowly walks over to the door, hearing a creak on the floorboard below him.

He firmly grips the yellow handle of the door and takes a breath before continuing.

He gently opens the door...

As he opens the door he sees two familiar figures standing in the doorway, the same two figures that denied Kaguya the freedom to go shopping with her friends the first time.

"What do you need?" OC asks unenthusiastically, leaning on the doorframe.

"We couldn't help but notice that a kimono came to the estate today, so we are merely inquiring," the first figure speaks, adjusting her glasses as she combs back her shoulder-length black hair.

"I believe that isn't your business," OC snaps back instantly, taking his body off of the doorframe so he could shut it on them.

However, as he attempts to shut the door, the second figure puts a hand on it, surprising OC with his strength.

"Well damn old man, I didn't know you still had it in you," OC sarcastically remarks, letting his grip on the handle go and putting his hands up in surrender.

The two figures enter the room and eye Kaguya, who kicks her legs happily on the bed.

"Where are you going, Kaguya-sama?" The first figure asks, bowing as she speaks.

"The fireworks festival," Kaguya responds simply, wanting the two to leave the room so she could continue ranting.

The first figure stays silent, as does the second. At this point, both OC and Hayasaka could feel the atmosphere shift as they both prepare for the figure's next words,

"You may not go."

>>>>

*3 Hours Later*

"'Your behavior as of late has been unacceptable', what the hell did she even do?!" OC asks in a hushed whisper.

"I...don't know..." Hayasaka responds, closing the door of her room behind her as they both wonder about the figure's words.

"What the hell are we gonna do? The festival starts in an hour from now, and all we've been able to do is try to comfort Kaguya-sama," OC rants, flopping on Hayasaka's bed.

"Well, any ideas we may have all rely on Kaguya-Sama's motivation," Hayasaka points out, recalling Kaguya falling into a deep depressive state.

"That's high risk...on one hand, if it works, everyone is happy..." OC sits up on the bed, running a hand through his hair.