Chapter 5: First Day

*6:45 AM, 3/31*

"Remember to plan for the meeting with an ambassador from Kocho Pharmaceuticals. Any questions?"

All present members of the staff shake their heads as OC finishes his speech. He looks to Hayasaka for approval and she gives him a small thumbs up.

"Not too shabby of a speaker are you?" Hayasaka comments, impressed by his way of demanding respect in his voice.

"Guess not, but it's about time to wake Kaguya for school." OC points out.

Hayasaka silently nods and heads upstairs to her master's room.

>>>>>

*8:30 AM*

OC looks down at his phone and feels anxiety building up in his chest. Today was his first day back in school after 5 years, granted he's been tutored by his guardian within that time.

He opens the door for the two girls, and they depart to school.

On their way, OC overhears Kaguya and Hayasaka talking about how Kaguya should approach the Kocho Ambassador. He ignores their conversation and in turn thinks about how his first day is going to go. Hayasaka gave him a full rundown about all of the StuCo members but OC still didn't feel confident that he would be able to join even with Kaguya by his side.

Before he knows it, they arrive at Shuchiin and are walking towards their classes. Kaguya tells him how the scheduling works and gets him acquainted with the area.

"Now it's time to go to the Student Council room," Kaguya explains.

OC was shocked at Kaguya's nonchalant attitude about bringing him to the Student Council. After all, he believed that it would be some sort of professional area that was built on a strict government.

He sluggishly follows behind Kaguya on the way to the Student Council room, and on the way they attract a crowd of interested people.

"Who is that?!"

"Is he a new transfer student?!"

"Oh my god, he's actually kinda..."

"Subaru, what are you talking about?" Hayasaka asks as she approaches her two friends that are both staring on at OC and Kaguya walking together.

"That boy walking with Shinomiya, he's totally cute!" Subaru says while having a slight blush on her cheeks.

"Oh," is all Hayasaka can muster up in response. She didn't really know how to feel about her friend crushing on OC. But...

She shouldn't mind, right?

>>>>

Kaguya opens the door to the Student Council room where she finds that the other two members are already there.

"Ahhh, good morning Kaguya!" The first member points out from the couch while stuffing her face full with a pork bun.

"Oh, good morning Shinomiya. If I may ask, who is that guy behind you?" The second member asks with a suspicious look on his face.

Before Kaguya could respond, OC walks in front of her and did a slight bow before speaking.

"My name is OC, I'm a transfer student and it's my first day here. It's a pleasure to meet the both of you."

"It's nice to meet you too OC! The name's Fujiwara Chika and I'm the secretary of the Student Council!" she cheerfully introduces, waving crazily.

"I'm Shirogane Miyuki. Student Council President." He folds his arms and leans back in his chair, directing a glare at OC.

Chika quickly notices the sudden change in Miyuki's tone.

"Hah? President, what's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong, Fujiwara," Miyuki responds, not breaking his glare from OC. "I'm just a bit more stressed than usual."

OC stares back, innocently. Tilting his head to the side, his eyes speak volumes, clarifying that he has no ill intentions whatsoever.

Miyuki stands up from his chair and walks in front of OC.

"So, OC. What is your relationship with Shinomiya?"

Results Of Today's Battle: Inconclusive.