Chapter 25: Meeting The Mom

*June 6th*

It was a warm summer day, and uneventful for the Secondary Estate. OC was helping Kaguya make plans to see Miyuki during the summer and Hayasaka was enjoying her day off, laying in bed and playing games on her phone.

Neither OC or Hayasaka have forgotten about the talk that they had about OC's old 'mission', but throughout the past two weeks they've been working towards restoring their bond.

Would today help them restore their bond?

>>>>

Hayasaka looks eagerly on her phone, playing a mobile game that she's had for a while. After all, there wasn't much for Hayasaka to do on her days off except for enjoy a day without having to hear Kaguya's ranting.

Her gaming is interrupted when she's a notification from none other than...

*1 New Message: Mom <3*

Hayasaka quickly clicks the notification, not expecting a message from her mom.

"Mom <3: Good Morning sweetie, are you busy today?"

"Ai: Morning mom, it's my day off today so no."

"Mom <3: In that case, would you like to join me for dinner?"

Hayasaka immediately jumps up from her bed, and a warm smile spreads across her face.

"Ai: I would love to."

Hayasaka's smile doesn't disappear as she decides to prepare what she wants to wear. She opens her closet and skims through her outfit choices, until her eyes land on a particular one.

'Should I wear this one?' She thinks as she holds the outfit that OC picked out for her. She regrets not being able to wear it, and she tosses it on her bed, deciding to finally show off the scarlet vintage dress OC had gotten for her.

'Speaking of OC...' Hayasaka halts for a moment, and in her mind she wonders about something,

'What if OC came along?'

She shakes her head back and forth, not wanting to entertain the idea. Not only is she still hesitant in trusting OC, but she also trusted her mom even less when it came to anything related to guys.

'But I still want to...'

She sighs angrily, mostly at herself for thinking so much about OC. Truth be told, she hasn't had a single moment in the past two weeks where she wasn't thinking about him.

She quickly exits her room, deciding that if she were to ask him, it would be better now than ever. She walks over and knocks on Kaguya's room, being quickly answered by a particular white-haired boy.

"Oh, Haya. I wasn't expecting you to leave your room today," OC jokes, knowing Hayasaka's 'productive schedule' during her break days.

Hayasaka rolls her eyes, folding her arms while trying to hide a grin on her face. She bites the inside of her cheek to try to prevent a blush from overcoming her face, which she mostly succeeds in.

"Hey...listen, OC..." Hayasaka begins, dropping her folded arms and starting to rub the side of her arm.

OC is taken aback from seeing Hayasaka so shy-like, and if he were to be honest...

...He thought it was cute.

"Hm? What is it?" OC tilts his head.

"My mom and I...my mom and I are gonna have dinner later tonight..." Hayasaka continues, starting to stammer on her words. She rubs her thighs together anxiously and looks around awkwardly.