Chapter 21: Decisions, Decisions.

*1:43 AM*

OC exhales as he exits through the back-door of the secondary estate, avoiding all graveyard shift staff from spotting him leave. His escape is successful, and he pats himself on the back for being so skilled.

He quickly runs to a popular part of the city, ignoring strange and sudden looks from the few people around him. Flagging down a taxi and giving directions to the Primary Estate, he runs his fingers through his silver-white hair and lets out a raspy sigh.

"What's on your mind, sir?" the taxi driver asks, keeping his attention on the street. OC tilts his head—he didn't mean to attract the attention of a normal civilian.

"Nothing important," OC responds, looking out of the window into the brightly-lit city. He notices the driver looking at him through the rear view mirror, then cocks an eyebrow and finally tells him, "The date just didn't go well."

The taxi driver chuckles. "It's fine. There are plenty of other women out there."

OC nods. 'But only one that I truly want.'

He looks out of the window again, admiring the barren dark in the sky. He reflects on himself, thinking about why he was there in the first place.

'Kill Hayasaka Ai.'

'Why...do I even have to do this?'

'Mom told me to take the mission, but why?'

'How am I gonna kill Ai?'

'...'

'That's a ridiculous question...'

'...I'm not gonna do it, after all.'

>>>>

"We're here."

OC sighs, quickly stepping out of the car and adjusting his tie. He thanks the driver for the ride and pays off the fee.

Closing his eyes to recollect his thoughts before entering the building in front of him, he quickly finds his way to where he needs to be, not wasting time being greeted by maids or accompanied by guards.

He exhales as he sees a candle-lit room in front of him, and the door already open.

"OC, I've been expecting you."

"Glad I can be here, Oko-sama." OC replies, begrudgingly entering the room and closing the door behind him.

"I trust you've been doing well?" Oko asks, standing up as he speaks.

"I guess you could say that," OC responds as he takes a seat.

"So! Tell me, are you close to killing her yet?" Oko asks while pouring him and OC a cup of tea.

OC rolls his eyes and responds, "Fortunately, no,"

He feels the tension in the air, he already felt uncomfortable being in the room but now he felt like he needed to leave.

"What do you mean by that?" Oko asks suspiciously.

"I mean that I'm not going to harm Hayasaka," OC snaps back, giving Oko a dirty look.

As he says this, he hears the pouring stop.

Oko places the kettle down, looking back at OC with furious eyes.

"What the hell do you mean by that?"

"I'm not killing Hayasaka Ai," OC says, looking back at Oko.

"Don't be so sure, OC, the Hayasaka branch are a bunch of filthy rats. You're doing the world a favor by killing that daughter of a whore," Oko responds, not seeing OC's eye start to twitch in anger.

He continues while smiling,

"And besides, I think I know why you're hesitating to kill her OC! But don't worry, when you complete your mission, I'll give you women that are much prettier and have a much better body than that rat could ever give yo—"

Oko is cut off as he feels his jaw contort unnaturally and immense pressure on his cheek.

His worry-free expression is replaced by anger when he realizes he was punched in the jaw by OC.

"You...goddamn brat!" Oko yells while he clutches his jaw.

"I'm dropping the mission," OC replies simply while walking out of the room.

"You'd best reconsider OC, unless you want to be an orphan twice!" Oko spits out as the door closes on the room.

OC quickly slips out of the building, fearing that security would be alerted to what he had just done.

He hurries back into the taxi, urging the taxi driver to go back to the secondary estate.

He pulls out his phone, scanning the screen as it lights up his face.

*No New Notifications*

He rubs his eyes as he clicks on his messaging app.

>>>>

*OC: Hey Mom! I hope you're sleeping well.*

*OC: I just wanted to say...*

*OC: I'm Sorry.*

*OC: I promise I'll explain everything, but for now...*

*OC: Please stay safe.*