Chapter Twenty-One

NAOMI AND RYAN'S WEDDING DAY- PART ONE

CALLIE'S POV

"Can I have another double vodka and lemonade" I ask the bartender before jumping up on a seat at the bar smiling. I don't know why but today I've been feeling amazing. "it must be all this Irish air" I laugh to myself.

After a few more drinks I call my driver to come pick me up to take me back to Ryan's. "Hey I'm ready can you come get me" I drunkenly slur when the voice says hello. "Where are you" the voice asks back.

I make my way outside and the cold air instantly makes me shiver "Callie" I hear a voice yell though the phone. "Yoooohooooo" I yell back down laughing causing passing party goers to laugh. "I'm on my way stay there" the voice calmly said back. "Okay grumpy" I sigh back before hanging up.

Giggling to myself I sit down on a nearby wall. "Woah there princess. Need a little help" I hear a voice ask as I sway on the wall. I feel two warm arms steady me on the wall "I can't believe big bad Maliki would let you go out alone" the voice whispers. I feel an icy chill go up my spine.

I hear tyres screech to a halt infront of before a litteral god jumps out the car. He looks angry and he's heading my way. My eyes widen and wriggle the mans hands off me. I jump off the wall "Callie I won't hurt you princess" the voice whispers.

My whole world stops when Mal pulls me to his side protectively and aims a gun at the man in front of us. I look up "Callan" I whisper.

"Callie, please we need to go" I hear Naomi's voice ring. I look around but when I can't see her I look back at Mal and Callan. They are both frozen infront of me. I wave my hands in there face but nothing.
"Callie wake fucking up" I hear Naomi yell again before I feel myself crash onto the floor.

I wake up in a daze "what the actual fuck" I yell as I rub my eyes "you wouldn't wake up" Naomi huffs back. I look up at Naomi and see her eyes are bright red and puffy. She is also wearing a coat as if she's ready to go somewhere. I stand up and sit back on my bed "where are you going?" I question as she stands staring at me.

Naomi breaks down in tears as she walks over and sits beside me on the bed. "I can't do this Callie. Yesterday was too much." She pauses before standing back up "I just need to get out of here" she cry's. I stand up and make my way to her pulling her into my arms "let's go for a ride, it will help clear your head" I whisper as she pulls away from me.

"No Callie you don't get it" she breaks down again. "No I don't but I know you love Ryan don't you?" I question pulling her back into a hug. I feel her nodding against me. "So let's go clear your head and then we can come back and get you all pretty so you can be with him forever" I whisper.

After a few seconds more of crying Naomi pulls away and agrees to go for a ride in hopes it would clear her mind. I tell her to wait in my room as I walk to the bathroom to freshen up and put clothes on. After I make my way back to her she looks a little brighter. "Let's go" I smile and we head off to Mal's barn.

We choose the same two horses and start tacking them up "what do you think your doing" startled I turn around to face Mal. "Naomi was freaking out so we're borrowing a couple horses to go a ride to help clear her head" I smile back before turning back to do up 'de-ville's girth. "Stay close to the house then" he grunts out before walking away".

I lead 'deville' to the mounting block in the indoor arena and start warming up. It doesn't take Naomi long to do the same "let's head out" I smile as I pass her, heading for the gate at the side of the arena.