Chapter Eight

The next morning, I woke up to classical music playing loudly in the house. I groaned as I got out of bed and walked to the bathroom to freshen up before getting dressed.

As I headed downstairs, the music got louder.I make my way into the kitchen to find my mother, Steph and Naomi dancing around the kitchen. My mother was giving Steph and Naomi pointers about where their hands should be and explaining how the position was important.

They hadn't noticed me yet, so I pulled my phone out and hit record and I stood at the door for a few seconds recording before my mother notices me "Oh Callie my dear. Come, come" she smiles as she motions me to go to her. I put my phone away and walk over to her.

As I reached her, she pulls me into the same dance position Steph and Naomi were in, "there are only two weeks left before the gala. I am so excited" she smiles as she motioned me to twirl.

"Yes, two weeks mother. So why are we dancing around the kitchen now" I groan as I pull away from her.

My mother's face turned into a scowl. "Alexa, music off" she yells before turning back to me.

"Callie dear, two weeks is not a lot of time. Today we are all booked in to learn a certain dance which we will perform at the end of the gala" she says in a oddly calm serious tone.

Naomi, Steph, and I all roll our eyes before sitting at the table. Just then Cole, Ryan, Mal, and my father walk into the kitchen, "good morning sweetheart" my father sings he kisses my mother on the side of the head.

"You will be ready for 1pm David dear won't you. Our booking is at 2pm" my mother pleaded looking at my father lovingly. My father looked confused as he stared at her blankly.

"Dance lessons" I laugh as I pour myself a cup of coffee.

"Boys you three are learning as well, don't be late" my mother sings as she turns to look at Cole, Mal, and Ryan.

"Looking forward to it" Mal smiled as he sat beside me. We all had breakfast before we headed to the meeting room to try and find information on Jonathan Grant.

We all entered the meeting room minus my mother of course. She prefers not to be involved completely in the family business. Do not get me wrong she knows exactly what we do but we do not bother her with the ins and outs as she prefers to hold the galas and events which bring all our allies together instead. 'She is the fun; we are the guns' she tells us anytime we mention work Infront of her.

After about an hour of research "this guy is literally a ghost. There are no pictures of him anywhere and there is no information about him" Naomi groans as she places her tablet onto the table and shrugs.

Ryan walks over to her and kisses her on the head before sitting beside her, "we have set up an alert on his name. There is not much else we can do now but wait" he huffed whilst tapping his fingers on the
table.

We spent the next while yet again going over what we did have.

A few hours later we were on our way to the dance studio. "I cannot believe your mother is making us do this" Cole groaned as he messed about with the radio. We laugh and the rest of the ride we sang
along to the songs that were playing.

After an hour's drive we finally arrived at the studio called 'Dance Your Heart Away.' We all pile out the cars and headed into the studio.

After my mother gave the receptionist our names, she led us to the studio in the back. "Welcome, welcome. Come in my lovelies" the man in tight bright neon pink tights and neon yellow leotard sang to us.