Chapter Twenty

THE REHEARSAL DINNER - PART TWO

MALIKI'S POV

From the moment I answered the call I knew I was going to regret it. Instead of preparing with my little brother for his wedding here I am chasing a horse about my yard.

The horse in question was my mother's and the problem being the fact only my mother and myself could get near the damn thing. Her name stable name was 'Lola' she was the mother to the other monster I own which was also my mother's 'Raven'.  "Damn it" I curse as Lola circles around me then bolts back down the yard. "Quick close that fucking gate" I yell as Lola makes her way down the field next to the one Raven is in.

"That will do for now" I tell the stable hands. "Just leave her out I'll deal with it after the wedding. The weather supposed to be good for the next few days anyways". We all go silent as we hear someone yell "Callie watch out". The voice is coming from the field Raven is in. 'this woman' I curse out under my breath before excusing myself from the stable hands and making my way towards the field.

As I made my way though the field my anger grows as I see Sam, my Step brother has got Callie pinned to the ground leaning over her. As I approach I don't think before I grab him off her and pin him against the near by fence. "Stay the fuck away from her" I growl at him as I hear Callie tell me to get off Sam.

Tingles erupt and make my way up my arm and down my body as she tries to pry hand hand from Sam's body. A loud neigh and thunderous hooves pull us from the situation. Before I know it Raven is in sight making.a beline right for Callie "Callie Move" I yell as he quickly gets closer.

A second more and I realise it's not Callie he's aiming for it's Sam and I. We look at each other and both jump over the fence just in time before raven is rearing and pawing at the ground before trying to put his head over to bite us.

My eyes widen as Raven stops and turn to Callie, my heartbeats faster as she puts her hand out towards him and he walks happily towards her. I look at Sam in shock and he just continuously nods his head, not taking his eyes from Callie.

We are brought back to reality when Raven runs off and Callie turns to us "little bitches" she scoffs before heading towards the gate I came though. I shake my head in bewilderment at what had just happened. "That horse is the devil no one has touched him since your mother" Sam whistles out as he stands holding a hand out to me. I take it and stand too.

"Callie means something to you, doesn't she" Sam questions as we walk back towards the gate. "She is nothing to me" I grit back, I turn to look at a grinning Sam "we will see brother, we will see" he smiles before patting me on the back and jumping the gate.

We both walk through the barn, halfway along my phone rings. I take it out my pocket and sign when I read the caller id. "It's Dom" I say to Sam who nods before looking around and signaling the coast was clear. "this better be good news D. I'm not in the mood today" I grunt though the phone.

SILENCE

"D" I yell again cautiously. "Your not gonna like this" Dom replies. "What's the problem" I ask sighing making my way towards my car that is parked at the front of my farmhouse, Sam following behind knowingly.  "Callan's making a move. He pulled me and a few other guys in about a hour ago. He wants to hit a few of your buildings to draw Callie out" he quickly tells me down the phone.

"Fuck" I scream as I start my car. "Send me the location. Sam and I are on our way" I tell him. "Oh and Dom. Get yourself out of there before we get there".

"Got it" he replies before I end the call.
Within a few seconds Dom has sent me the location of the warehouse Callan is about to hit. We quickly speed off and make our way to the location.