47

Soobin heaved the heaviest sigh at another post on their campus portal titled: new evidence of Chae Soobin's forbidden relationship.

She just finished her class for the day and was about to leave the books in the locker when numerous notifications flooded her phone. Judging from the murmurs from her back, she was sure now everyone was shooting daggers at her.

And she hoped she could fit the locker to be locked inside.

"I think you should stay at home," Changmin interrupted her loud mind, leaning sideways next to her locker. "You can be at peace away from all these people."

"I can't," Soobin replied, her voice was slightly raspy. "My mother said, it will make people think that the rumours are true. So, I have to keep showing my face in public."

Changmin scoffed, his face was showing an unreadable expression. It was between disbelief and scared.

"Stepmother surely is different," he shook his head. "How come Jacob is opposite of her?"

The girl pursed her lips, shrugging in the process. "My father is home today. I can't let him see me like this either."

Another sigh escaped.

"What are you looking at?!"

It was then that a scream was heard echoing in the hallways, Changmin turned his head in the direction while Soobin wondered. She wanted to see as well but she was scared if she would meet any judging eye while doing so.

"Keep moving!" It was Kevin, shooing people away.

"Here comes another weird creature," Changmin tilted his head, watching Kevin attempt to hit people just to scare them.

He must have been running here after the post was made. Because it was his habit now: to protect his best friend from evil eyes.

"Chae..." He ran towards the two, pondering to find Soobin's eyes as soon as he halted in front of her. His heart eventually broke to see the bags under her eyes and by reflex, he spread the sunglasses he had all along and slipped them over her eyes. "Aren't you sleeping?"

Soobin pushed the glasses closer to her eyes and said, "I tried but failed."

For a brief moment, Kevin was judging. He was frowning, a brow raised before he concluded, "Ah... Only a symptom of falling in love. Maybe that boy also feels the same."

"W-What?" The confused girl tried to retaliate but no words came out.

"This is all your best friend's fault!" Changmin shrieked while constantly hitting Kevin's muscular arm.

"He's not my bestie anymore," Kevin tried to dodge the next hit but he failed, hissing was the next thing he did. "I've come clean to you and Chanhee, haven't I?"

"That doesn't mean you're forgiven!" Changmin sarcastically retaliated which made Kevin dramatically gasp while Soobin leaned against the metal locker, watching the childish fight - unamused.

"No way!"

"It's up to me!"

"Changmin, you-"

"What is this about? Can I join?"

A party popper - was all the girl could describe at the sight of the one she wished she wouldn't have seen.

Juyeon was all smiley. Both hands pocketed and decent outfit - white tee tucked in jeans and black jacket, wrapped over his body. His hair was swept back exposing his forehead that every girl went crazy about. Not even a bit he looked like a perpetrator but yes, the look could be deceiving.