33

Chae Soobin never knew that a simple appearance of her in public could break the internet and drive people crazy.

With just a simple headline: The rare public appearance of Chae Soobin, made people leave thousands of comments complimenting her look and questioning who was the guy she was with.

Though only Sunwoo's side profile was posted, one of the pictures where he was intently looked at her made people go crazy about how in love he looked.

And that was what she had to explain once she reached home.

It was nerve-wracking when she was summoned into her father's office, he flickered his gaze from the phone screen to his daughter who was standing across from him - uneasy.

No words were spoken but Soobin could tell that she probably had caused a scene by bringing up their family image as the center of attention by now.

"I'm sorry," was what she could say. But her father disagreed.

"What are you sorry for?" He leaned against the table, arms crossed. "I'm not angry. I'm just curious who he is because it's been so long since you were seen with a boy."

"He looks different from all your friends." Her stepmother interfered from the couch in the office. "Where did you find him? Can he be trusted?"

"Don't say that..." Her father retaliated and a staring battle took place between the couple which left Soobin speechless. "Either Soobin or Jacob, they are clever enough to differentiate people."

"What about Juyeon then?"

"They-"

The argument halted when the door opened, revealing Jacob who looked calm like always. He softly closed the door behind him and stood next to his sister while flashing his infamous smile.

"I can confirm that Sunwoo is a good boy." He said, still looking down at her. His eyes were kind of telling 'Don't worry, we got this' to which Soobin automatically smiled.

The issue probably was solved within their household. However, unbeknownst to Soobin it was still a massive issue outside.

Juyeon found out about it right at the moment the news broke. Some strange feelings welled up inside his chest but none was positive.

He wondered how things could go smoothly between Sunwoo and Soobin when it was only a simple crush the boy was having. He wondered why it never got this way when he was still dating her.

"You know about this?" He sternly questioned the boy who had just happened to drop by his house. Eric hesitantly nodded. "Are they dating by now?"

"N-No." For a brief moment, Eric was scared although he didn't have any reason to. "Sunwoo said, noona needs time. It's more of a fling. Maybe?"

Juyeon didn't feel good. He scoffed to the ceiling of his room, with questionable expressions on his face. What was it he felt? Jealousy? Perhaps it was.

The next day, it was like an explosion on Soobin's phone. It was getting bombarded with texts from Minju.

Have you felt the sparks again? - one of the texts read which Soobin scrunched her brows while rereading the same line over and over.

She was indecisive. One second she could confirm that she might have felt the lost spark of love she had been missing but another second she internally questioned whether it was sparks she felt.

Nonetheless, it seemed like something was holding her back.

Not yet - she replied before she tossed her phone aside, and resumed scribbling notes on her iPad.